447xpro (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
forum.ih8mud.com
I’m having a significant problem with this seller. He advertises a part and then pm’s me saying he has it. He asks for my text messaging number and email address to send me photos. Fine. I sent. He sends photos. Then no response.
I pm him back several times and wait and wait...
Then he replies that he lost the part. ?!
Then a few weeks later he pm’s me back saying he found the part.
I ask for a price shipped. I give him my full address and state,zip.
No reply.
Then he asks me for my full name. He doesn’t provide the shipping quote.
As it stands now, he has all my info and won’t provide a shipping quote after I clearly told him I’d buy the part for his asking price. No further reply from him, yet I see he’s active selling other multiple parts on the board every day.
This guy is either senile, an a******, or harvesting user data and selling it. Possibly all three. Buyer beware. I have no idea how he maintains gold credentials on this board. ??

AFAIK, Dan’s just really flaky, nothing more.

I don’t buy that excuse given his replies to me and other online forum conversations I have since read, on deals he’s been involved in. He’s purposely being deceitful and dishonest in his shady dealings. Here’s a classic example for everyone to learn from for avoiding unsafe online scammers. This guy is wrecking the community for everyone. :(

I sense he has a lot going on what with a complicated engine swap, selling parts to fund that project, he may be a closet hoarder and I imagine he has a life. I have made a few purchases. No problems.

Hi, This happens to too many people and is always excused . Really sad this continues . Mike

There are real things to complain about when it comes to online transactions. I’m not sure this is one of them. It sucks when somebody flakes on you when you’re trying to buy a part you need, but it’s not like the guy took any money and didn’t provide the item. It’s a little rude perhaps, but not the end of the world. There was no transaction here.

He’s been a member of the forum for a long time and has never shown any evidence of being a scammer, data thief, or any of the other outrageous, irresponsible things the OP suggested.

Splangy, I’m ‘irresponsible’ because I’m responsibly warning the forum community about a dishonest and untrustworthy member who’s intentionally screwing other members over on transactions? Think about what you just said for a moment. Lol. Thx.

Splangy, I’m ‘irresponsible’ because I’m responsibly warning the forum community about a dishonest and untrustworthy member who’s intentionally screwing other members over on transactions? Think about what you just said for a moment. Lol. Thx.

You made speculative accusations that he was engaging in illegal activity. Such accusations are incredibly irresponsible. You also keep using the word “transaction”. There was no transaction.

Not sure who’s creditably is sinking lower, the OP’s or the the parts sellers...

He didn’t take your money so there is no reason for this thread. Find your parts elsewhere.

Not sure who’s creditably is sinking lower, the OP’s or the the parts sellers...

He didn’t take your money so there is no reason for this thread. Find your parts elsewhere.

Seriously? He screwed me over and wasted my time for over a month on a single easy sale. Never produced a thing or followed through on his word. And he took an excessive amount of my personal info. All for nothing. I don’t know about you, but where I’m from, trustworthy decent people don’t do business like that. There’s multiple similar complaints about him from other users on this board also. Go see for yourself. I put the warning up to save others time and BS in wasting their time with this clown. Sorry for giving a damn.

Boy , you get busy for a couple of days and the whole operation comes off the rails. Ok , so let's review. Firstly I am a builder , in NJ I am running three projects at this time and I work 50-60 hours a week. Landcruisers are my hobby. I am selling off extra parts to fund my 78 build. In the last month I have sold about $10k in parts, that's a lot of shipping and packing and meetings with people to pick up parts. All while running my business and having a normal life.
Now to the issue at hand, YSG2017 was interested in a amby door wire cover, kind of rare part and i have one. During the frenzy of my original postings I misplaced the cover, but i told him that when I found it he would have first dibs. During a cleanup I found the piece and notified him that it was available. I packed it and asked him for his name and address to print a shipping label. Nothing nefarious about the request but some people have a bunker mentality. He asked for a shipping quote prior to committing to the purchase , which I thought was odd, considering the rarity of the part, but to each his own. I then got busy with work and the sold items , shipping etc and didn't have a chance to respond for a few days. There are several people that I have not responded to and anyone who has sold a parts cache can attest to the flurry of inquiries can be overwhelming at times. This group is a nice like minded group of aficionados ,mostly hobbyists like myself and some vendors. I think buyers need to have a little more patience with the amateur sellers and unless they paid for something and not received it, they should refrain from the Festevus airing of the grievances and wait for a response, or move on to another seller. And as far as YSG2017 goes , good luck with your search.

Cheers 447xpro:cheers:

Thanks for your effort to provide fellow mudders with beyond fair deals on parts. I won’t forget it.

67E0CD89-95D3-40DC-86DD-57CA2B5C41D6.jpeg
98AB78AE-F9D3-4FE9-A2E1-DEEF99F52D9B.jpeg
E6CF84B2-3503-4F79-9E83-FEB0DFF7DB22.jpeg

@447xpro , I feel much better now, as you never responded when I bought something from you, I always thought you just didn't want to sell to me for whatever reason,

So that became easy, I just stop trying to buy from you.

I'm also a builder, that's why I only have time to buy and not to deal with selling.

Maybe that's a solution, just keep hoarding ;)

:cheers:

Last edited:
I’m having a significant problem with this seller. He advertises a part and then pm’s me saying he has it. He asks for my text messaging number and email address to send me photos. Fine. I sent. He sends photos. Then no response.
I pm him back several times and wait and wait...
Then he replies that he lost the part. ?!
Then a few weeks later he pm’s me back saying he found the part.
I ask for a price shipped. I give him my full address and state,zip.
No reply.
Then he asks me for my full name. He doesn’t provide the shipping quote.
As it stands now, he has all my info and won’t provide a shipping quote after I clearly told him I’d buy the part for his asking price. No further reply from him, yet I see he’s active selling other multiple parts on the board every day.
This guy is either senile, an a******, or harvesting user data and selling it. Possibly all three. Buyer beware. I have no idea how he maintains gold credentials on this board. ??

@YSG2017 i am having issues also, Dan has taken my money. Did you report to moderator? I have given him my cell number to call me and settle things. I hope he does, hate dealing with members this way but I’m out $270 plus dollars and that matters to some of us.

Marc

@YSG2017 i am having issues also, Dan has taken my money. Did you report to moderator? I have given him my cell number to call me and settle things. I hope he does, hate dealing with members this way but I’m out $270 plus dollars and that matters to some of us.

Marc
Ok , Marc bought a steering wheel and center pad from me. I packed and shipped the items to him. When they arrived the roll pins in the back of the wheel were bent. It looked like UPS dragged the box across the parking lot. Marc felt I should have packed it better. Either way I agreed to refund his money upon receipt of the items. I initiated a claim with UPS. Marc gave the box to UPS and they took it to inspect and then forwarded it to me. Once the package was in Parsippany it got redirected to an abandoned package facillity in MO. I intercepted the package and re-redirected it to me and it should arrive here Monday or Tuesday. Upon receipt of the items I will refund Marc's money , replace the roll pins and relist the steering wheel. All of the above has been communicated to Marc ad nauseum but he wanted his money refunded immediately and threatened to bad mouth me here if I did not comply. He is not out anything , I agreed to refund his money I just wanted my steering wheel and centerpad back. Patience is a virtue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom