40' Series swing type spare wheel carrier pin upgrade (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Stainless/bronze Pin kit to suit all models 40' series Landcruiser with swing type rear spare wheel carrier.

Benefits:
- No more rattling noise from carrier
- Adjustable hinge firmness to keep the carrier in position when both doors open
- No more rust marks from old hinge
- Serviceability access without spotweld
- Lubrication through bottom zerk grease nipple. Greaseable gun drilled pins.
- 100% oem look, with oem M12 nut and M12 spring washers

Specifications:

- pins are hand made machined SAE 316 Marine Grade stainless steel
- bushes are hand made machined of self-lubricating maintenance free bronze
- washers are hand made machined SAE 316 Marine Grade stainless steel
- all machined parts are of high quality and made in Australia using Australian metals
- oem Toyota nuts 90170-12018 and matching spring washers
- M6 zerk grease nipples

Cost-Delivery-Commitment:

This group buy is not restricted but due to shipping costs is primarily for the Australian buyers.
Created to oem appearance, exactly as shown on photos.
Cost of one pair : AUD$400 or US$280
Shipping is added and calculated individually based on delivery location.

Need to have 20 kits in order to keep this price.
At this stage ONLY rergister your interest.
Payment to be made full up front once all 20 units are booked. Once all units designated, booked and paid then it is 4 weeks manufacturing time to be allowed before dispatching for deliveries.
Lastly, shipping is arranged and paid separately and individually.

IMG_2068.JPG

IMG_2069.JPG

IMG_2075.JPG

IMG_2077.JPG

IMG_2067.JPG

Last edited:
Hi,
I like it. Please, let me know how can I purchase. Thanks
Hi All,

The swing type spare carrier upgrade pin group effort is NOW moving to MANUFACTURING stage. You need to confirm your order by making payments for the number of pin kits you ordered.
Please pay to paypal.me/easy40
as "family and friend" to avoid paypal charges. Include your name/address and contact phone number in the comment section of the payment.
Deliveries will commence in approx. 2-3 weeks. Freight is paid separately based on your individual need. Please PM me about your shipping/delivery instructions.
Thank you for your business, You will love your new toy!

Hi All,

The swing type spare carrier upgrade pin group effort is NOW moving to MANUFACTURING stage. You need to confirm your order by making payments for the number of pin kits you ordered.
Please pay to paypal.me/easy40
as "family and friend" to avoid paypal charges. Include your name/address and contact phone number in the comment section of the payment.
Deliveries will commence in approx. 2-3 weeks. Freight is paid separately based on your individual need. Please PM me about your shipping/delivery instructions.
Thank you for your business, You will love your new toy!

Hi,

Just to confirm that jgeoffr will be sending you my payment for my 2 sets along with his order. Thanks again for your efforts and look forward to this upgrade.

Regards

Mo

Done deal. Payment sent for 7 sets. Looking forward to these pins!

-Geoff
Hi,

Just to confirm that jgeoffr will be sending you my payment for my 2 sets along with his order. Thanks again for your efforts and look forward to this upgrade.

Regards

Mo
Hi,
Receipt of payment confirmed.
Thank you, its all fine and yours will be shipped along Geoff's order as per your request.
Thank you for the business,
Happy Cruising :)
A

interested in a set. Is there still room on the list for a set?

hOOter
Always Sir :)

Pls paypal as "family and friend" to paypal.me/easy40

Delivery is paid separately once ready in 2-3wks. I may have other stuff shipped to US so I can help you with shared postage, but we talk about it when we get there.

A

I have the first batch made. Amazing quality! Nothing is like when something is handmade..so everybody should expect a pm about shipping options..

IMG_2877.JPG

IMG_2878.JPG

a weld?! well theres the key. i somehow never noticed the plug weld. ill have to look at that. i guess thats why it didnt budge with a 3# sledge. thanks!

There was this question on the Unobtainium thread about how to remove the old pins..
Toyota has choosen a
spotweld to secure the pins at the bottom of each hinge. You need to brake the weld but the hinge should be preserved.
Since most of us doesn't have a milling machine and the carrier is too oblong shape to fit inna milling machine anyway. One of the best and less expensive way is a CYLINDRICAL BUR.
Photo attached below. With this tool set in an ordinary electric drill you can remove the weld from the bottom recess of the hinge.
Once the weld is broken/removed the pin can be driven out with a cold chisel. The hinge should be held in a vice and deiving the old pins hitting from the back. Lubrication, or soaking with brake fluid always help. Be careful brake fluid is corrosive to most paint.

IMG_2880.JPG

Just wanted to give a quick shot out to @koxfarm ! All 7 hinge sets arrived in 4 days from Australia! Well packaged and safe. The Mrs. Thought I had gotten a shipment of drugs based on the packaging!;)

Can't say enough for the workmanship! If you didn't get a set directly highly consider a set or two from @Racer65 !

-Geoff
IMG-20170507-WA0002.jpeg

IMG-20170507-WA0004.jpeg

Just wanted to give a quick shot out to @koxfarm ! All 7 hinge sets arrived in 4 days from Australia! Well packaged and safe. The Mrs. Thought I had gotten a shipment of drugs based on the packaging!;)

Can't say enough for the workmanship! If you didn't get a set directly highly consider a set or two from @Racer65 !

-Geoff
View attachment 1454844
View attachment 1454845
Thank's Geoff .. very kind words. Its about great achievements here in the MUD that works for the Landcruiser community
Now, get onto it and lets see them in ;)
Go slowly with the bur to damage the least of the hinge tube.
Then not forget about the swing adjustment settings by the the nut to suit your preference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom