40 series general tech and classifieds (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You can mate your 3 speed case to an H42. Cruiser Outfitters sells the parts.

I’ve got a good H42 here with a 4 speed case that needs to be rebuilt I’ll sell cheap. I would go through both of them and put fresh stuff in. It’s a MUCH easier swap than H55

You will also need a 2F bellhousing.
I've got a new-looking 40 bellhousing, but I don't know what it's from. I'll try to remember to get the part number to you so you can check it out.

EDIT: Figures. My search turns up a 58-74 3-speed bellhousing. Likely the one you already have.

bellhousing-1-jpg.1220055

Last edited:
Reactions: JTU
I've got a new-looking 40 bellhousing, but I don't know what it's from. I'll try to remember to get the part number to you so you can check it out.

EDIT: Figures. My search turns up a 58-74 3-speed bellhousing. Likely the one you already have.

bellhousing-1-jpg.1220055
Edited above

Odyssey obc-20a is a great unit. It is large so does not fit too well under the hood, but provides 20amps jolt to take care of battery sulfurization. Highly recommended by Odyssey when I talked to them. You can find the 20 amp model for around $175 shipped if you shop

They also make a 12 and 6 amp charger/tender. Yes, I know it is not cheap, but why spend $$$ on Odyssey batteries and go with a cheap charger/battery maintainer?

https://shop.odysseybattery.com/p/obc-20a
Any recommendations on a battery tender I can leave plugged in constantly and not worry about overcharging or exploding? What do you guys use?

The guys new project is a LS3 swap in a Porsche Cayman so it sounds like he may be mechanically inclined.

I won't swear this is the same cruiser, but the only black 40 I have seen in town spent some time here. Google Maps

Dana may or may not be able to say something about it.
He lives off rice mine and he never drives it anymore. It’s been sitting in his garage for years.
The guys new project is a LS3 swap in a Porsche Cayman so it sounds like he may be mechanically inclined.
He had a local Toyota shop in ttown install the Toybox about 5 or 6 years ago. It’s a nicely setup cruiser for the price.

Damn I want an old beater rig like this.

Free ‘74 F.5

Ran good, but had low compression, consumed a ton of oil, smoked a little. Needs a complete rebuild.

One week only. All or nothing.

E231A615-90EC-4DC8-B8C7-FF8B5A04BB28.jpeg

599643A4-E5BF-4E85-8C4E-C295B6A481D8.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom