40 series general tech and classifieds (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Image for posterity...damn fine looking truck.
DeoFJ45.jpg

Need a new battery for the GunRunner. The Yellow top was pretty good but won’t hold a charge anymore. Pretty sure I won this battery at the 2008 Razorback Ramble. It sat in my garage for almost two years before I installed it and fired right up.

What is recommended for a rig with a winch that gets used at events and sits for months at a time? Probably should get a trickle charger “battery tender” as well?

Thanks

Since that one lasted 10 years one would think you would be busting down the door for another one.

That said, get a good Napa one from Chris and peel out. You can buy 3 for the price of an optima.

Does NAPA have a deep cycle?

I need a battery I can run down and charge back up many times without killing it.

Any recommendations on a battery tender I can leave plugged in constantly and not worry about overcharging or exploding? What do you guys use?

Last edited:
I run Battery Tenders on both of my rigs. Hindsight being 20/20 I would have bought cheaper units. Oh well... CT called me when he was putting a water pump on my 40 and said "dude you need a battery. Yours is 7 years old!" One of his Interstate's that he put in it. I'm sure it lasted that long due to the Tender. Money well spent.

Are the above battery tenders okay for a couple of redtop Optimas? Optima would have me believe that their $250 tender is the only way to keep Optimas tended.

I’ve brought several AGM batteries back from the dead with my NAPA charger set to trickle. Just leave it for a week or two.

Anybody got a red lens for a drivers side clearance light for a 40? I broke mine out a month ago with a shovel.... No, I wasn't mad. Hate to buy a whole light assembly just for the lens. Holla if you have one please!

What are my transmission options to replace the 3 on the Tree I have in my ‘69? Is a h42 or h55 a direct swap in?

H55 would have the extension housing for 5th, so not straight bolt in. I think an H42 without the extension housing would be. I'm kinda looking into this too because I'm looking at a similar swap on the pig.

I found a thread the other day. Let me see if I can find the link.

It was here: Cruiser Outfitters

Last edited:
Reactions: JTU
What are my transmission options to replace the 3 on the Tree I have in my ‘69? Is a h42 or h55 a direct swap in?

You can mate your 3 speed case to an H42. Cruiser Outfitters sells the parts.

I’ve got a good H42 here with a 4 speed case that needs to be rebuilt I’ll sell cheap. I would go through both of them and put fresh stuff in. It’s a MUCH easier swap than H55

You will also need a 2F bellhousing.

Reactions: JTU

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom