4" spring lift (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

joefj said:
Dont have the skill yet to do a spring over axle. What are some good 4" lifts out there that have been tested buy everyone? I do alot of trail riding and mild rock crawling. I have a rancho 2.5" lift with a shackle reversal and zero flex. I need some help please.

Are your shocks long enough? I have a friend who did a 2.5 lift and he kept the stock shocks on. He has not articulation because the shocks don't allow full movement. Just something to check. Take the front ones off and go slowly over an object and see if you have better flex. Just don't drive fast like this.

HFS or Alcan

I see a few folks are happy w/HFS. I run 4" Alcans w/ext. shackles & brake lines, stock drive shafts, 35x12.5 MTR's and absolutely love the ride, handling, & flex. But, they are a bit pricey & I would be curious how they compare directly w/HFS in performance. I have yet to wheel w/anyone running HFS, but I can say everyone elses 4" SUA rig I've run with don't come close. Often, after a couple of hours of wheeling, someone approaches & asks what I'm running for springs 'cause it is a notable difference.

if you are not going to go SOA (which you will end up doing later) alcans are good, but since you will be going SOA after you realize you want more, get the cheapest you can find.

I have Old Man Emu on my Pig. Seems to be pretty nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom