4 door Fj45 on 80 series chassis (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

As i said earlier, i received quite a few parts . Among other things, what i needed to build the air intake. So we did a bit of cutting here and there, tack welded the pieces and we have a mock up. Tomorrow we'll finish welding it .

20240123_152721.jpg

20240123_152743.jpg

20240123_112753.jpg

It's a beast 💪
It is 🤣 . This should do pretty well off-road . It probably won't be doing much rock crawling, but it should be unstoppable on trails and camping in remote areas . I haven't seen anything like it around here and i can only imagine the amount of fun i'll be having mistreating it😂👏👏👏

I'm glad i was out of material to build that radiator core support when i wanted to. The Champion radiator, contrary to what i thought , is wider than stock.... i have what i need to build it today, so we should see it with a radiator installed later today.

Thats the look on the womens faces, " what is going on here " , " it looks dirty ", " when is it going to be done ?" , " how much did you spend on this ? " , ..........

Thats the look on the womens faces, " what is going on here " , " it looks dirty ", " when is it going to be done ?" , " how much did you spend on this ? " , ..........
I'm ok to answer everything but the last question . If my wife ever finds out how much money i put into that thing , i don't know what she might do🤣
When she asks o go no further than : oh..... a dollar or two......🙈.
I know that she does not believe me , but it could have costed me way more.

This radiator is pretty nice ! Came complete with fittings to hook up transmission lines . It's all welded and not glued with epoxy.... and it's wider than stock, so it should hold more fluid and offer better cooling to the bigger v8 engine. We'll have to build a shroud for it. I have a brand new fan laying around somewhere. I hope it will be big enough to handle pulling air thru it.

Radiator core support is built. We are almost done with it . All we have left to do is mount it to the chassis and drill drain holes and radiator mounting holes.

We found that electric fan i had laying around . We placed it against the radiator. There is only a 3/4 " space betweenthe crank pullie and the back of the fan, so we're good.
The space left between the radiator and the front bib seems wide enough to accomodate a condenser(gotta have a/c), so we're good there too (at least,i hope we are😁).
Enough talking. Enjoy the pictures.
Those will be the last ones for a bit. My son is getting married so i'm traveling to Florida tomorrow to attend the ceremony. 'Til next time !

20240126_120032.jpg

20240126_120015.jpg

20240126_120053.jpg

20240126_120134.jpg

20240126_122916.jpg

20240126_123022.jpg

The expression looked more like she was wondering when she could drive it. It’s looking awesome! I can’t wait to hear it run!!

I'm ok to answer everything but the last question . If my wife ever finds out how much money i put into that thing , i don't know what she might do🤣
When she asks o go no further than : oh..... a dollar or two......🙈.
I know that she does not believe me , but it could have costed me way more.

Ok guys, i'm back. We resumed work on this thing and i'm happy about that. While i was away, we lost one of our guys to a heart attack. The guy was 30 years old. That made us all pretty sad and we lost quite a bit of concentration .... this guy loved this project, so the best we can do to honnor his memory is keep going and bring it to completion
Here are some pics of what we did yesterday and how the truck looks as of now.

20240220_161031.jpg

20240220_161107.jpg

20240220_161133.jpg

20240220_161146.jpg

20240220_161314.jpg

20240220_161441.jpg

20240220_132723.jpg

20240220_132740.jpg

Since my shifter came with the tap shift option, i have decided that i want it functional. I am beeing told that for this, i need to have both my ECU and my TCU redone with a Corvette tune. Can you guys refer me to someone that does that kind of work at a fair price ? I'd greatly appreciate a referral on this one.

Sorry to hear of the loss of a friend and collaborator. Im sure he will be smiling down upon that first ride! Smoky burnouts may be in order. 🍻

Since my shifter came with the tap shift option, i have decided that i want it functional. I am beeing told that for this, i need to have both my ECU and my TCU redone with a Corvette tune. Can you guys refer me to someone that does that kind of work at a fair price ? I'd greatly appreciate a referral on this one.
Terrible news. He was so young.

I would bet that Brendan from LT1 Swap - https://www.lt1swap.com/ could do this tune and he seems very knowledgeable. brendan@lt1swap.com I will know how well his tune works in about a month or two.

Danny’s Diagnostic is a second contact that I found and I plan to use him if I have any issues with my tune. I haven’t used his services but he was very helpful and provided solid guidance. Dannys-Diagnostic@cox.net

Sorry for your loss, it show us how vulnerable we really are!
With out our health, we have nothing.

My father in law has an older Chevy truck with an LS swap. He has a bump shifter also. To my surprise, his didn't look for a simple 12v signal for up/down. Instead, it looked for a signal of resistance. I don't remember the exact number, but we made two small resistor packs, one for up and one for down, and wired them inline with the shifter.

If you run into this and need more info, let me know and I'll ask him what values we had to use.

My father in law has an older Chevy truck with an LS swap. He has a bump shifter also. To my surprise, his didn't look for a simple 12v signal for up/down. Instead, it looked for a signal of resistance. I don't remember the exact number, but we made two small resistor packs, one for up and one for down, and wired them inline with the shifter.

If you run into this and need more info, let me know and I'll ask him what values we had to use.
Good to know. Thanks for the info.

Sorry for your loss. Glad to see youre back at it!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom