4 door Fj45 on 80 series chassis (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The Harley Davidson oil bag i am gonna use to supply the Black box with additinal oil had quite a bit of rust inside.i poured 4 quarts of vinegar into it and let it sit for a few days . When i dumped the vinegar out after a few days, the inside of the tank looked brand new🤩 . I then poured gear oil into it to prevent the rust from coming back. Incredible how vinegar cleaned that up so well.
Today, i got the condenser , and was able to mock it up in front of the radiator. It fits !
I also taped the electric fan to the inside . Leaves about an inch of clearance between the fan and the crank pullie . I wish the space was wider but that's all i'll be able to squeeze without having to move the engine back. I won't even consider that option at this point.

So would it work to soak surface rusted stuff in a couple gallons of vinegar ? or is that just stupid ? beats wire wheeling the stuff.

So would it work to soak surface rusted stuff in a couple gallons of vinegar ? or is that just stupid ? beats wire wheeling the stuff.
I've done it to old bike parts and yes, it works.
Vinegar a mild acid. It won't attack seals . I wish i'd taken some before and after pictures for you guys.

Today we mocked up the radiator , the fan and the a/c condenser into the truck. Everything fits. There is exactly 1" of clearance between the crank pullie and the back of my elecyric fan.
This jappened when i put the fan dead in the center of the radiator. So i pushed it up a bit (right below the radiator's tank). That gave meanpther inch or so. I'm happy with that.
The new radiator being wider than the OE one, it kind of got in the way of the headlights. To be sure that we had that under control , we installed the headlights. No problem , but i will need to find some new mounting rings and adjusters. Hope i can find some .
This thing is shaping ip nicely

20240227_151837.jpg

20240227_151749.jpg

20240226_133532.jpg

20240226_154638.jpg

20240226_154740.jpg

20240226_154832.jpg

20240227_154409.jpg

20240227_161050.jpg

Today we mocked up the radiator , the fan and the a/c condenser into the truck. Everything fits. There is exactly 1" of clearance between the crank pullie and the back of my elecyric fan.
This jappened when i put the fan dead in the center of the radiator. So i pushed it up a bit (right below the radiator's tank). That gave meanpther inch or so. I'm happy with that.
The new radiator being wider than the OE one, it kind of got in the way of the headlights. To be sure that we had that under control , we installed the headlights. No problem , but i will need to find some new mounting rings and adjusters. Hope i can find some .
This thing is shaping ip nicely

View attachment 3569032

View attachment 3569033

View attachment 3569034

View attachment 3569035

View attachment 3569036

View attachment 3569037

View attachment 3569038

View attachment 3569039
How wide is your radiator? This is next on my list.

Hey guys,
War broke out down here and i haven' t been able to leave home for the past 24 days. The shop is in a pretty hot area of town so i can't even think of going there. So far, i do not see an end to this situation and hope that those idiots eventually decide to leave us alone.
Hope to be able to get back to work soon.

Keep your head down, crazy world!

See, cruiser heads all alike, 223 or 308 on the AR ? The wife's pistol is a 9mm ? I bet that sucker gets hot ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom