3FE Owners Check-In (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Aloha!

- 1992 Land Cruiser
- Currently in Southern California
- 16x8 Method Vex wrapped on 285/75's

(undergoing a major rebuild having not been driven in over 14 years)

Eager to learn more about this thing as the rebuild commences.

IMG_8466.JPG

Here’s my old beat up 91. Needs everything. Hasn’t been moved in four years. I’ve already replaced everything vital, including but not limited to jonheld’s newbie starter pack!

62B16A52-A9ED-41EC-B77C-DF7962F77AB3.jpeg

302146CF-D135-49BD-8A95-4E2300B3F2CD.jpeg

9F13B7EE-EB3D-4DFA-B228-9761698BBE7E.jpeg

FB9AEACB-A4DC-4117-B61E-6D7170DDDDA9.jpeg

B0BAB54F-24DD-4FCB-AB96-04296B97DCBF.jpeg

I just got my first land cruiser. It is a 1992 with what seems to be a badly blown head gasket. I'm gonna start tearing into it soon and making a list of everything to replace when I'm in there. I'm gonna need some luck!

hey guys. over 250k on my 92 and still going good. changing my waterpump this weekend and also have an egr delete to do. is my ck engine light gonna be on after that? I know with the 4runners there is a diode to put in a plug to fix that. not sure on the lc.

If your 80 is a California model you will need a jumper. If you didn't unplug a temp sensor you have nothing to worry about.

If your 80 is a California model you will need a jumper. If you didn't unplug a temp sensor you have nothing to worry about.
where would the jumper go? is it just a straight wire jumper and not a diode like the 4runners. thanks for the help

There's a small gray plug that should have been connected to the EGR, if you have a cali emissions 80. You short those wires together. No need for a diode or resistor, a straight jumper is the way Toyota does it on federal trucks.

I just got this 91 in partial trade for my built 97 lx. I really like it. I'm working out a high sporadic idle issue and a vac leak (I think I solved that one) which cause a confused set of symptoms!

Awesome two tone original paint
2" ome
Arb winch bumper
4x4labs slider.

Cheers!

20171014_093647.jpg

20171012_154024.jpg

20171014_093616.jpg

Well... looks like I need a replacement 3f-e! I will make a thread about my disaster of a truck...

I just picked up a 1991 with 116k original miles, all road, well maintained. I am pulling the 3FE and trans this winter for an LS swap, so the 3FE will be for sale. It's in Maine, so wrong coast, but I just had an axle shipped from California via Fastenal for $180, so shipping may not be a total show-stopper.

I just picked up a 1991 with 116k original miles, all road, well maintained. I am pulling the 3FE and trans this winter for an LS swap, so the 3FE will be for sale. It's in Maine, so wrong coast, but I just had an axle shipped from California via Fastenal for $180, so shipping may not be a total show-stopper.
Ok very interested, it might take a little bit to get funds but if I could ship it for around 300 it could be worth it, PM me with an estimated price? Maybe interested in the transmission as well.

It's going to take me a bit before I get the motor and trans pulled, so timing isn't a big problem. The trans shifts and functions beautifully, but there is a large ATF leak from somewhere, so it will need seals.

It's going to take me a bit before I get the motor and trans pulled, so timing isn't a big problem. The trans shifts and functions beautifully, but there is a large ATF leak from somewhere, so it will need seals.
That sounds good to me, I wasn't planning on putting the new motor in for a couple months at least, let me know what you're thinking for price and I can look into shipping costs. Would appreciate it! My trans seems to have a leak as well, I was just thinking if I had a chance at a lower miles one it would be worth rebuilding.

It's been a while since I posted a pic of my truck wanted to post some progress pics.
IMG_9317_zpsbdbenv5m.jpg

After snorkel new wheels and rhino rack also running duel arb awnings
IMG_4260_zps812bpppw.jpg

IMG_4394_zpsotnulxyk.jpg

Thought I'd share kinda loving the slow moving style of the 3fe let's you take it all in!!! Thinking of doing a smog delete soon and ditching the cat. Thoughts?

I want to do the same on my 91...especially the de-smog. Would love to see others chime in

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom