3FE Owners Check-In (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I am looking at probably parting or scrapping my 91 as it is in just that bad of shape. It runs and drives but that is about it. I recently picked up a 97 LX 450. If I choose to junk the 91, is there a list of parts readily available that the truck would share with my LX?
I.e. Are there any common parts that I will regret not taking from the 91 in case I ever need them for the 97? I am talking parts that are easy to take off and store. I love in a city and if I had the space, I would just keep both trucks.

New to IH8MUD! Recently acquired a stock '92 with 255k miles. No upgrades yet!

IMG-1070.JPG

It's pretty!

I would be interested in hearing about your mods on your 91. I have her sister ;) and want to do the same....Any help would be appreciated, Thank. You

Montana Cruzr, I did a smog delete a couple of years ago and its has been great! I'm over in Great Falls so feel free to PM me if you want to take a look.
Cheers,
Scot

nice rig...how do you like the 4.88 gear? Also where did you keep your spare?

Spare is located in the factory location but with a leveling kit to tuck it away a little bit more. You can see it hidden behind the exhaust if you zoom in.

I like the 4.88 gears, too. I don't know what it was like before them, but I can imagine it dragged a little more. It will get up and go for sure, but it's still the 3FE. Another plus of the gears is that it seems to crawl really well... again all of this is just observations based off a few days of driving the truck.

Spare is located in the factory location but with a leveling kit to tuck it away a little bit more. You can see it hidden behind the exhaust if you zoom in.

I like the 4.88 gears, too. I don't know what it was like before them, but I can imagine it dragged a little more. It will get up and go for sure, but it's still the 3FE. Another plus of the gears is that it seems to crawl really well... again all of this is just observations based off a few days of driving the truck.
Are you running 33s with a 2.5" lift? Debating if i should go with 35s or run 255 skinnies. Right now i plan on regear to 4.88 after the lift

Yep, running 285/75r16s on a 2.5" OME lift. I will probably go to a 255/85r16 when these wear out... love pizza cutter mud terrains. As long as you remember it's a cruiser and not a race car, I think you'd be perfectly happy with 4.88s.

well finally read this whole registry.... whoa.... it takes some time! here is my new "ole grey" ugly but goody land cruiser i got yesterday
has 187,000mi which i thought was low miles for the price i got it for...! looking forward to building it and joining the discussion a bit more! i have had a 1fz and a 3fe in the past and i'm really supprised at how well this one holds its own so far.... probably because i haven't put big M/T's on it yet.... but it does pretty good.... had to adjust the throttle and kick down cable and now its like a race truck.... LOL
1383965-36acc53b502f4dae6bb7f24fb6c3551c.jpg
1383968-dc0b50564c6f462bd0b970c3b07dc08e.jpg
1383967-58d270532055cab01e8561ccfe50d28e.jpg

Reviews on the CSF are bad on this forum. Lots of people are saying they failed in a couple of years. One guy said he has the autozone spectra premium. It's pretty much the only other option besides the CSF:

https://www.autozone.com/cooling-he...ator/spectra-premium-radiator/352737_233208_0

There is also one of these left (one on the whole internet?)

Radiator PERFORMANCE RADIATOR 1469 fits 91-92 Toyota Land Cruiser | eBay

and finally this random ebay aluminum radiator:

New Radiator FOR 1991 1992 Toyota Land Cruiser | eBay

Post it, man!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom