3B/13B-T Fan Clutch and Fan Upgrade (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Makes sense, but I will have to think a bit more on how much and which way the engine moves.
Fore and aft is the 8 blade fan "thicker". Does it occupy about the same distance from engine as the old?

Did you modify the fan shroud like Onur did?

Interesting detail on that shroud with the lip, I've got four friends with BJ74s and none of them have that lip.

I've got a hilux 10 blade fan on the way, I believe it moves the most air of any toyota fan that'll bolt to our fan hubs, not sure what will be needed in terms of shroud. Mine has already been modified to suit the taller 1HD radiator.

Did similar to by BJ74, now has a FTE clutch and fan.

From an HDJ79 I assume?

The fan clutch (16210-17070) and the fan (16361-17040) are both available in the US market for whatever reason. Makes me think they were applicable to the HZJ79 mine trucks we received in North America.

Might give those two a try. Thanks @Hulsty

@cruiseroutfit might have these in Aisin form and would probably be the better/most cost-effective way to go.

Last edited:
Yes, thanks all!

No lip on my aussie BJ74 either.

3A0C50E9-0C3E-40C4-87D6-2A1277A286F4.jpeg

Damn, i just ordered the 8 blade from Kurt Tuesday!

From an HDJ79 I assume?

The fan clutch (16210-17070) and the fan (16361-17040) are both available in the US market for whatever reason. Makes me think they were applicable to the HZJ79 mine trucks we received in North America.

Might give those two a try. Thanks @Hulsty

@cruiseroutfit might have these in Aisin form and would probably be the better/most cost-effective way to go.

No, I have a HDJ100 too, I grabbed the original fan and clutch from that. No lip on my shroud either.

Interesting detail on that shroud with the lip, I've got four friends with BJ74s and none of them have that lip.

My '87 Spanish model BJ73 does have the lip.
I already have the HDJ fan, shroud, and radiator. I will post how it goes, but it will be while.

Okay, I've now found dozen of pages of threads about blue vs black vs red vs bare (eaton) fan hubs. Can anyone give me the one paragraph summary of what the pros and cons are?

I need to do some more side by sides on the different clutch/blade combos but I did some here:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom