2L-T Problems (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just picked up an '87 LJ70, 2L-T, and I'm running into issues...
1. The glow plug light doesn't stay on more than 2 seconds and then I'll hold it for about 30 seconds before trying to turn over and it won't start the first time I can usually get it to start on the 2nd or 3rd attempt. But even after letting the vehicle idle and warmup for up to 10 minutes as soon as I put it into first gear I usually get to around 1800-1900 rpms before the rpms drop off and it stalls. This happens 2-3 times before I can get get it going, usually will hold 1st gear until I'm at 2300-2500 rpms then try to go to second but it always losses power and stalls. This even happens when I try and slowly raise and lower the rpms to about 2500 when idle.

Once I get going though it doesn't stall on me at stops or when I arrive home it usually idles okay. Always let it warm up and cool down, but again I've only had it for a week.

From what I've been researching it could be multiple problems. I've ordered glow plugs, although I don't think that's the issue. I think it might be fuel injectors or the fuel pump.

Any thoughts or advice. Thanks!

20231113_075851.jpg

But I'd also add that once the vehicle is actually running the problem you've described with having to baby it for a few mins really dont sound like a superglow issue.. I'd be doing a compression test on the engine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom