Builds 2018 Premium 460 build (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The wheel/tire assembly is prat of the vehicle, not what was exchanged.
True, but to be pedantic, you have moved the tire further outboard which will increase the leverage of its weight on the suspension.

Looks great! And I like the canted look of the spare leaning a little.
Perhaps a suggestion and alluding to BigSwede's comment, is it possible to move the spare tire mount and jerry can mount down further? Perhaps just above the backup lights?
There would be several benefits: 1) more review view mirror visibility, lower the vertical leverage and stress on the swing-out's.
If I had it my way on my Metaltech rear bumper, I'd have the spare and jerry cans absolutely as low as possible! But they mount the High-Lift right under the spare so it has to sit higher. :(

Looks great! And I like the canted look of the spare leaning a little.
Perhaps a suggestion and alluding to BigSwede's comment, is it possible to move the spare tire mount and jerry can mount down further? Perhaps just above the backup lights?
There would be several benefits: 1) more review view mirror visibility, lower the vertical leverage and stress on the swing-out's.
If I had it my way on my Metaltech rear bumper, I'd have the spare and jerry cans absolutely as low as possible! But they mount the High-Lift right under the spare so it has to sit higher. :(
I was looking at lowering the spare today, it's just where I put it on last Saturday night. I won't be much lower or closer though. as for the Jerry cans they will only be installed prior to a big trip and only filled just before pavement departure. No need in carrying the extra weight. After I get back from my next big trip the entire left swing out will be removed to save weight.

I like the Jerry cans are bit high, I was rear ended in my Taco carrying 10 gallons of fuel. Fortunately the Jerry cans survived and didn't spew fuel about.

I was looking at lowering the spare today, it's just where I put it on last Saturday night. I won't be much lower or closer though. as for the Jerry cans they will only be installed prior to a big trip and only filled just before pavement departure. No need in carrying the extra weight. After I get back from my next big trip the entire left swing out will be removed to save weight.

I like the Jerry cans are bit high, I was rear ended in my Taco carrying 10 gallons of fuel. Fortunately the Jerry cans survived and didn't spew fuel about.
I keep my water can filled all the time as it's also a "wash-station". I made it gravity feed to a valve and have a soft soap bottle zip-tied to it. My other jerry can mount has an ammo can with recovery gear in it. I swap that out with a 5 gal Scepter gas can and put the ammo can inside, like I'll be doing this weekend for the Mojave Road. 200 miles between gas stations!

One issue I have with the jerry cans being so high is when they're filled, they are really stink'n heavy to lift up-n-out of the rack!

I keep my water can filled all the time as it's also a "wash-station". I made it gravity feed to a valve and have a soft soap bottle zip-tied to it. My other jerry can mount has an ammo can with recovery gear in it. I swap that out with a 5 gal Scepter gas can and put the ammo can inside, like I'll be doing this weekend for the Mojave Road. 200 miles between gas stations!

One issue I have with the jerry cans being so high is when they're filled, they are really stink'n heavy to lift up-n-out of the rack!
I just wanted to test and use up some old fuel at the same time. Once in the holder a Super siphon works great for fuel transfer.

I just wanted to test and use up some old fuel at the same time. Once in the holder a Super siphon works well.

So this went on yesterday. Still not a fan but it makes momma happy and excited for the next trip.

50E23E64-C8EB-49C0-8B67-E69CB865A626.jpeg
FC41B75A-FEF7-4CBE-BEFC-861D07A428D8.jpeg

Replaced my old school Overland Solar suitcase (27 lbs) for the new Overland solar Bug Out 130. 7 lbs, 10 more watts and much easier to store. Wired it up to a Anderson plug and connected it to the Redarc BCDC.

A fella on another forum was looking for my old system, sold it off to him. No need to advertise.

41083509-FD8D-4307-B8E1-1EC661718FD2.jpeg
2972C405-B706-4B8E-AE8C-60441F0C9E82.jpeg

So this went on yesterday. Still not a fan but it makes momma happy and excited for the next trip.
Hummm. Not a fan of roof top tents? I can understand not really liking the idea of 100 plus pounds on top of your rig, but the ease of setup/packing, warmth and comfort, my wife and I just can say enough about ours!! Albeit, ours is an iKamper, but still a RTT.
Have you used it yet?

Hummm. Not a fan of roof top tents? I can understand not really liking the idea of 100 plus pounds on top of your rig, but the ease of setup/packing, warmth and comfort, my wife and I just can say enough about ours!! Albeit, ours is an iKamper, but still a RTT.
Have you used it yet?
Not this particular tent, but I've had three others prior to this. My first one was similar to this and the other two were hard shells. The hard shells are closer to 200 lbs. WAY to heavy for my liking.

With my sleeping bag, Exped Mega mattress installed, and ladder removed this tent weighs in at 98 lbs. I can self install it no help required at all. When I install it I remove the mattress and sleeping bag and the weight comes down to 78 lbs (no ladder). I store the ladder inside the truck as it weighs 15 lbs.

Replaced my old school Overland Solar suitcase (27 lbs) for the new Overland solar Bug Out 130. 7 lbs, 10 more watts and much easier to store. Wired it up to a Anderson plug and connected it to the Redarc BCDC.

A fella on another forum was looking for my old system, sold it off to him. No need to advertise.

View attachment 2642950View attachment 2642951

Jealously. I cannot wait to get my RTT and etc done. In other words I/we cannot wait to start overlanding with at least one rig!

Reactions: r2m
After 7 days straight on the trail from the Alvord Desert to the Black Rock Desert to Death Valley we ended up in Vegas for a couple days poolside. GX was to tall to park in valet garage so they parked it on ”the curb” out front of the Venetion.

40817AA3-DFE8-4CE9-AB67-846C4FC1E59D.jpeg
AEC5C252-DF94-4C81-96E4-B3237C0BA48E.jpeg

I see you've already sourced another front end and ditched the Ironman, crazy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom