Builds 2018 GCC Spec 79 Series 1HD-FTE + H152 - The Camel (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yea I think everything is available new. Cluster, harnesses and all. This thing is like a really fancy set of Lego‘s.

Hello,

To quote @Onur , it is rather an erector kit for adults.

If I understand correctly, is a 1VD going under the hood/bonnet? That will be an awesome truck.

Keep up the good work.

Juan

Hello,

To quote @Onur , it is rather an erector kit for adults.

If I understand correctly, is a 1VD going under the hood/bonnet? That will be an awesome truck.

Keep up the good work.

Juan
I really doubt it. The swap is not that simple. The 1VD probably doesn’t work with the 80 series frame without some more modifications. We talked about maybe doing a custom built frame but that sounds like a lot of effort.

The HDFT will more than adequately move this truck down the road. I already have a good HDFT and it will fit nicely into the 80 series frame. @SNLC will be able to start work on this project once the @gilmorneau truck shows up next week. Lots of appeal with that.

There is a bigger headwind going with the 1VD and, right now, that is not terribly appealing to me. Maybe next year when the current projects are done we do a 1VD in a 76 series or a double cab or something.

I really like the interior and color. My '94 FZJ75 pickup is 4E9. I think that or white are the only two colors available in Saudi.
I love the tan. @SNLC and I were discussing the cool window features. Do not see these much anymore - especially on a new vehicle.

4A4242D1-4A9F-4305-8C5F-7EF5079804E3.jpeg

You are right. They will look terrible next to each other. What was I thinking.

This one on the other hand would match quite well....wing windows and all.

IMG_0008_edited.jpg

@WarDamnEagle I like the strips. We are definitely (maybe) getting some stripes. @c2dfj45 has some cool ideas for some custom Scheelmann seats and matching stripes.

Those are original 1994 stripes. It seems that they change the stripes every year or two on these over here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom