Builds 2018 GCC Spec 79 Series 1HD-FTE + H152 - The Camel (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

We painted Johns FTE long block today and started assembling it.

689E17B0-0F29-4596-9A24-422363AC62F5.jpeg

This is simply gorgeous.

FA782F87-70F9-4DCE-9060-CCEDC538370C.jpeg

3E352412-FA2E-4379-8E0D-C990F4964E9A.jpeg

Looks like we got some sub tank parts.

9F064FF1-C5A8-439E-820D-735E073EF3B4.jpeg

BAFBE01E-3FDB-4E1E-AD9D-7CDE282F2E7C.jpeg

The bed is going out early next week for a color match LineX. šŸ˜

Cheers

Last edited:
Hmm, let me know on these. I have an idea cooking.
Will do. Came up with a scenario today in which the end result is a 1PZ for sale. That would be putting one HDFT in the 79...the other HDFT in my PZJ77. Still kind of contemplating that but seems like a pretty smart solution with the @gilmorneau truck. I could use the harness for the 79 series running the HDFT along with the frame and axles. That leaves an engine and transmission that would go nicely into the green PZJ77. Iā€™m left with some cool JDM 80 series cloth interior for sale and the 1PZ.

Damn. How'd i miss this thread. Dude, 1VD-FTV all the way seeing as you already have a ripper 1HD-FTE. And a factory late model bonnet (or hood as you guys call it).

Damn. How'd i miss this thread. Dude, 1VD-FTV all the way seeing as you already have a ripper 1HD-FTE. And a factory late model bonnet (or hood as you guys call it).
Damn it. That bonnet was probably the first thing I thought about when I got to thinking about this truck. I just donā€™t know enough about the v8ā€™s to get fully behind it.

X2 to this, gonna be epic. If you can get your hands on a 1VD, they're a good engine
Bit of infrastructure to make her run, but nothing sounds like a worked 1VD

Damn it. That bonnet was probably the first thing I thought about when I got to thinking about this truck. I just donā€™t know enough about the v8ā€™s to get fully behind it.
Really not complicated at all. I bet an Aussie spec wiring harness, computer ect will all work. Being a GR i bet the engine mounts on the frame are different however. But cos they are still in production, should be able to get everything.

Really not complicated at all. I bet an Aussie spec wiring harness, computer ect will all work. Being a GR i bet the engine mounts on the frame are different however. But cos they are still in production, should be able to get everything.
Yea I think everything is available new. Cluster, harnesses and all. This thing is like a really fancy set of Legoā€˜s.

We are going 80-chassis so it all needs to be fabbed or get stock brackets and weld on.

Cheers

Already discussed internally.

Discussions are always on going.

:)

Heck, I only recommended the 1HD-FTE because he already has it. lol...

But, hey, if ya'll really want to go large, then hell yeah, 1VD! In for a penny, in for a pound, right? Besides, the V8 is a better match to the H152 anyway.

Heck, I only recommended the 1HD-FTE because he already has it. lol...

His enablers would never advise him on something so logical.

My head's still spinning, John. Quick work on getting it up to Ian, too o_O

Super stoked on where this heading. I call first ride!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom