2017 what have you done to your 4 x 4 lately? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Did a major mod to my Ford Fusion to make it more capable off road. Pic of mod below. Still have more to do including bumpers/sliders/lift/tires.

Also, I guess I need start naming my trucks since I now have 2 blue 4Runners.

IMG_20170404_095542.jpg

That may be the best looking turbo install I have seen.

Daaaammmm .. Don't let your head get all big.. but Nice job!

Curious as to your intercooler location. The CX site shows it low up front kinda unprotected. How will this effect deep water forging? And lastly, did you have the head milled more aggressively to raise the compression?

Curious as to your intercooler location. The CX site shows it low up front kinda unprotected. How will this effect deep water forging? And lastly, did you have the head milled more aggressively to raise the compression?

I don't think the head was milled. This was the borrowed head that I sent over to get done.

Looks to me like he's running a water / air setup in the PS rear corner of the engine bay. Shouldn't be an issue.

Most forced inductions run lower compression if anything. Thicker head gauskets or milled pistons. The 1fz does not have high stock compression to start with like many of the modern high performance NA engines

correct I'm running a air/water IC, there is a 10x13 rad w/ fan in front of the stock on the pass side.

Started it last night. Hope to have it back on the road tomorrow.

Sounds like the "break in period" theory went out the door.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom