2017 what have you done to your 4 x 4 lately? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

2fpower

SILVER Star
Threads
chop chop. Getting a rough idea about how things will land on Josh's UTE project
IMG_6823.JPG

Don't suppose you have the door handle and the guts that go with it from the other half of that door do you ?
shot you a text. I have SOOOOOO many parts that we are selling to get money for this UTE project.

When replacing my heater hoses and T's I noticed my radiator was brittle. Apparently, I was not careful enough with it and successfully brought its useful life to a close. So now I have a new radiator as well.
100_2767.JPG
109_0011.JPG

Finally, something broke on Mitch's LX that is actually easier to repair than my Rovers. One of his back windows jumped off the tracks and found the track had shifted on the window...no rocket science here. Usually the plastic wheels explode on Rovers leading you to buy sliding glass door wheels from Home Depot to modify. 15 minutes vs 2 hrs plus a shopping trip. Bonus...I didn't have to get involved and good opp to lube up all the parts & channels w/ silicone grease. Works faster than ever.

Connor got an Ultragauge for Christmas. Now he won't have to do the math in his head to figure out how fast he's going and I like being able to keep a close eye on the temperature.

IMG_6802.JPG

Sweet ultraguage. My boy puts them on all his street cars and has several programs to chose from based on fuel, methanol injection or not, tire wheel size, etc. I very cool and useful toy indeed! Are you running stock tires or did you adjust for that? True actual speed alone showing might pay for itself if you avoid a ticket.

shot you a text. I have SOOOOOO many parts that we are selling to get money for this UTE project.

Do you have an extra driver window door lock control unit for the 40th anniversary or same models? I think mine is shorted. Doors unlock on sharp left turns. Replaced one door sensor I thought was bad since it didn't operate the dash light but that's not it. Mud feedback is master control unit in drivers door is shorting out. Your thoughts? Maybe can fix current unit? Have you or others had this issue? Thanks.

Try to take it apart and clean the contacts. I use a dremel with a cloth head polisher. Use some electrical connection grease to finish.

Sweet ultraguage. My boy puts them on all his street cars and has several programs to chose from based on fuel, methanol injection or not, tire wheel size, etc. I very cool and useful toy indeed! Are you running stock tires or did you adjust for that? True actual speed alone showing might pay for itself if you avoid a ticket.
We are running 35s and re-calibrated the Ultragauge to give us actual speed and MPG. I estimated based on tire size that we were reading 11% under and the Ultragauge measurement said about 12% based on a 10-mile test.

We are running 35s and re-calibrated the Ultragauge to give us actual speed and MPG. I estimated based on tire size that we were reading 11% under and the Ultragauge measurement said about 12% based on a 10-mile test.

11% coincides exactly with what I've found on 315's and stock gearing.

Nice warm day, perfect for the first test drive
IMG_6964.JPG
IMG_6965.JPG

Extended my drivers seat with some used brackets and help from @2fpower. What a HUGE difference it makes. Should have done that long ago. I can see the desire to swap out the seats completely and install a center console like many others have done to get even more comfort.

Thanks for the help @2fpower!

Last edited:
Drove to Manhattan last night to find a unicorn. Wonder what's in this box.
IMG_6985.JPG

Has that 8274 never been opened...

Manufacture date March 1979

IMG_6986.JPG
IMG_6987.JPG
IMG_6992.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom