2017 what have you done to your 4 x 4 lately? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Curious, have you filled with oil? Did you replace the seal before installation? Mine was sitting and the seal dried out. For as little as I will use it's not a biggie but had I known before install I would have paid the $30 to fix. Looking good!!

Here are pics of what your talking about. I think I know the rock you speak of at Imogene, just could not find a picture of it in my computer. Found these of the area you are talking about.

If I recall we were moving a little fast that afternoon to be back in time for dinner with the family after running Poughkeepsie Gulch, Corkscrew Gulch, Black Bear Pass and Imogene all in the same day. The turn out below in the far right of Mike's picture is where we caught up with the slow moving group of stock rigs.

Curious, have you filled with oil? Did you replace the seal before installation? Mine was sitting and the seal dried out. For as little as I will use it's not a biggie but had I known before install I would have paid the $30 to fix. Looking good!!

Don't know about the oil, nor how to operate this thing...

14909283916902012272368.jpg
replacing the head gasket and adding a little power tomorrow, Sammy, Rick, Jack, Duane and a few others may stop by to help out on this one

@kc_chevota Powdercoat turned out nice! Bling, Bling.

Did some quick google learning, looks like I have to split the halves to be able to even check oil level. Sounds like I can do it installed on bumper, then just use grey rtv to seal it back up.

What oil did you use?

Did some quick google learning, looks like I have to split the halves to be able to even check oil level. Sounds like I can do it installed on bumper, then just use grey rtv to seal it back up.

What oil did you use?

6oz 30w.

View attachment 1431680 replacing the head gasket and adding a little power tomorrow, Sammy, Rick, Jack, Duane and a few others may stop by to help out on this one

FYI, this is the third use of the take a penny, leave a penny swap on the valve cover. I believe this one was
on @StucknKS rig originally.

Rob is also using the head swap program too.

The benefit here is that it is possible to pull the head and do the entire swap in one day since you have a head that has all the work done to it already.

Nice turbo... That looks like a nice manifold did you have it made? Or kit. Your power adder comment earlier I took as supercharger from our local corner dealer...

Nice turbo... That looks like a nice manifold did you have it made? Or kit. Your power adder comment earlier I took as supercharger from our local corner dealer...
Manifold came as part of the turbo kit, the supercharger although nice would have been just too simple this route makes me fabricate air intake and exhaust systems but in change over double my horsepower and torque

Is that the CX racing kit?

Not quite as technical, but definitely necessary.

IMG_5212.JPG

IMG_5222.JPG

IMG_5223.JPG

IMG_5224.JPG

IMG_5908.JPG
Moved the ARB over and wired up the lights. New lenses are on the way. Also made up some spacers to mount the winch based off some info I got from a thread by @half k cruiser. The spool on the winch is rusted pretty good. Going to tear it down and media blast it and repaint before I put it back together. Also waterproof it per @half k cruiser thread while I'm at it.
IMG_5909.JPG

Also replaced the trim piece on the drivers window that was been broke for awhile. Was able to salvage enough clips off of both to reinstall it.

IMG_5906.JPG

Went to a friends house and started making brackets to extend the "new to me seats" back 2" when I install them.

Sammy noticed some blue smoke coming back from our last trip and I've been noticing some pretty excessive oil consumption on the "under hood" side of things. Ran a compression test today to confirm validate the trucks fate.

She is a little tired but not dead. Each cylinder tested between 100-115 psi. Per the manual, 171 is ideal with 128 being the minimum (with 14 psi variance) <--(don't quote me on those figures since I don't have the manual with me).

Anyway, a rebuild is in the near future as soon as I can order parts and the stars align.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom