2017 what have you done to your 4 x 4 lately? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I've been stuck at a rebuild point on my motor for a week and will likely be stalled a few more. Got new pistons, rings, and 2 rebuilt rods installed with new bearings. Getting ready to roll in new main bearings. Then my son came 2 weeks early. Which is slowing cruiser progress....

Grayson Dean

So the 4x4 mods to add to the list is fix seat belt rust and add second cars seat... well it's been on the list but just become a reality.

View attachment 20170113_203535.jpg

IMG_2877.jpg

I've been stuck at a rebuild point on my motor for a week and will likely be stalled a few more. Got new pistons, rings, and 2 rebuilt rods installed with new bearings. Getting ready to roll in new main bearings. Then my son came 2 weeks early. Which is slowing cruiser progress....

Grayson Dean

So the 4x4 mods to add to the list is fix seat belt rust and add second cars seat... well it's been on the list but just become a reality.

View attachment 1392351

View attachment 1392352
Congrats!!

Awesome. Congrats Jess.

That is awesome!

IMG_0714.JPG
Here is the new addition to our family. Quite the gem. One owner/all service history 7.3 powerstroke 210 k. All stock. Little rust on the bed but super solid truck.

View attachment 1393053 Here is the new addition to our family. Quite the gem. One owner/all service history 7.3 powerstroke 210 k. All stock. Little rust on the bed but super solid truck.

My dad still regrets selling his 01 powerstroke and has 3 other trucks since including a cummins.

Would love the 7.3 with the modern 5 or 6 speed auto found behind the modern power strokes

My dad still regrets selling his 01 powerstroke and has 3 other trucks since including a cummins.

Would love the 7.3 with the modern 5 or 6 speed auto found behind the modern power strokes
Well if anyone can make that happen it would be you....

I think Jess has his next 10 years booked now....
So your saying it just takes 10 years to regain free time? I like your positive thinking.

I'm already negotiating time to finish my engine rebuild in the coming weeks

Tow Rig Sam? Now you need a trailer. Your driveway will be full.

Looking for a Nissan Frontier truck bed to get final dimensions. Want to get numbers from the 89-04 and the 05-13 versions.

Also want one dimension on a Tacoma 05-13. Just want to confirm depth. Guides say it is 20" deep, which would be too deep for this project.

Anyone have one of these or know of a car lot that would have trucks that I could get measurements? Or know of a place that sells truck beds with a good selection? Has to be a regular cab or extended, but not with the second set of rear doors. Basically, I need to have the wheelwell toward the middle of the bed.

The diminsions I need are the inside the bed number at the widest point a couple inches down from top of the bed. My plan is to cut the outer skin off the donor bed and re-skin with the 80 metal, but the overall width of the inside metal cannot be wider than the 80 at that point. The outer part of the 80 has a curve, so the only area I am worried about is near the top. See arrows on bed picture below.

98_2000_frontier_regular_002.jpg
4f493385acaf55da58a7b36d181261d5x.jpg
22737500001_large.jpg
dee_zee_bed_mat w.jpg

re-worked the tail lights in the rear bumper swapped positions with the backup lights and increased size to a 4" dot light.
modified the fuel can rack to hold a camp kitchen
IMG_20170206_193241.jpg
IMG_20170206_193154.jpg

Sweet! I think you beat me. Mine is still in the box -- figured it has been there for 38 years, what is a few more months???

Really like that wide fairlead. Where did you find that?

Where are you going to mount the box? I will have to get out to see the wiring needs, as I need to purchase all the wires. I was thinking about adding a switch disconnect for the positive lead under the hood. Any thoughts?

@2fpower bought 1/0 wire off Amazon (25ft) and plan to mount on drivers side, and yes, adding the disconnect option. Will post up pics once I'm done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom