2017 what have you done to your 4 x 4 lately? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@2fpower I found the power cutoff at Harbor Frieght for $5. Made a bracket to mount on the firewall. Made a plate for the solenoid to mount on the battery tray.

IMG_4820.JPG

IMG_4823.JPG

IMG_4827.JPG

IMG_4835.jpg

Upgraded (or is it downgraded?) the 80 center console from the Lexus to Toyota for more storage and the ability to add a Big Gulp cupholder in the front. It was gray, so I scrubbed it down with Dawn, then commercial degreaser, followed by denatured alcohol and a red Scotchbrite. 3 coats of adhesion promoter and then painted it with Rust-oleum Textured Bronze. Put it all back together with the tan leather lid from our old console and you can't tell it's not original. Now off to buy the cupholder insert and maybe some switches in place of the coin holders.

Finally a break in the weather. Wheels are painted. Thanks again @1MAC :cheers:

IMG_4880.JPG

IMG_4885.JPG

Been busy.

New horn contact.

Batteries:

Proper battery isolator with temporary fuse:

Connected to the Aux battery: volt meter/ 12V plug/ Dual USB plugs with switch:

Rebuilt the front axle AND swapped the front third with a 4.11 finally. Rear to follow soon.

Your mudflap trim looks similar to the first time I led you down to the creek at Tuttle....

Dang. What happened
Rear-ended on right corner at about 25 mph. Shot me diagonally across traffic and I got tapped again on the left corner. Taking it for an estimate tomorrow. Definitely needs all new bumpers, rear hatch and quarter panel patch. You should see the Highlander that did it.

looks like the Highlander died.

highlander.jpg.png

Parked in the US bank drive-through to avoid this.
IMG_7213.JPG

My y-pipe and cats have been bad for awhile (If you notice in the picture it is leaking between the 2 cats. Also leaked in several spots on the y-pipe). Finally pulled the trigger on a Magnaflow y-pipe and front cat.
9FA372C7-9048-4FC9-8CC0-EDA4C190BD39.jpg

The Magnaflow stuff seems really good. I like the way they did they y-pipe. I cut off the cat that came with it and welded in just one Magnaflow universal cat. This gave it a better profile that is up inside the body and frame (I duplicated what @2fpower did on Boost).

So far it only threw a P0125 the first time that I got on the highway but it hasn't thrown a code since. I've let it cool down and tried to see if it would throw the code but it didn't. Fingers crossed.

Thanks to @2fpower for the help.

C5D97312-5888-4C20-AF04-84D69CC078B8.JPG

C2C5416F-D0B2-4DE0-ADCF-DF71C7F965C1.JPG

What is the best place to take my old cats for some money back?

67578FB0-5E27-4CF7-B619-3A579172A312.JPG

Started welding parts together on the ute.
IMG_7221.JPG
IMG_7247.JPG
IMG_7249.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom