2017 Rubithon Wagon Run (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Congrats to Gordon Wood, he's the March winner of an extra grand prize raffle ticket. Get your registrations in and get those rigs ready!

Here is a link to the online registration for all non-committee members: RUBITHON REGISTRATION | TLCA

If you should be a committee member, you should have received an email already. If not contact me at chairman@rubithon.com and I will get it to you!

Happy adventuring!
Eric

Okay, I'll do it! ....."Hell yeah, go for it!"
You can become the stuff legends are made of;).
Or not.

Thanks! I really don't want to jam up the trail and be "that guy".

At this point I'm kinda thinking a new gas tank skid (the oem one is pretty good coverage wise, but thin metal and raisin texture already) and some type of rear bumper protection - and some careful driving. I'm trying to figure out work schedule stuff to see if I can go. Wednesday wagon run makes it tough because I'd out almost the whole week.

@MountNGoat shared this photo on facebook so I decided to share it here....
17545619_1140814662713424_7974090796374478786_o.jpg

Original post by the US Forest service - "This photo was taken by one of our U.S. Forest Service OHV patrollers at the McKinney Rubicon trailhead, which sits near the top of the McKinney Rubicon Road on the southwest shore of Lake Tahoe. Those are the restrooms poking out of approximately 12 feet of compacted snow. Gives us a good idea of how much snow remains in the back country, and the U.S. National Weather Service (NWS) is calling for more snow this weekend.
#spring #LakeTahoe #NationalForest #backcountry
Photo credit: George Gusses, U.S. Forest Service OHV Patroller."

3 feet or more likely. More powder days for me!

:bounce:

Rain keeps coming down here in the Bay Area. If it's coming down as snow in the Sierra's then the Rubicon may not be clear until September or October. I've been on the trail in other heavy-snow years. Loon to the Springs is okay, but stuff can get sketchy on the Tahoe side where there is a lot of shade from the dense forest and the snow is packed pretty deep around big pine trees. Fingers crossed for this event happening in July as planned.

Last edited:
OkiDoke, just hit the Wagon Run registration, so I'll be joined by my lady co-pilot and we will DO THIS!

Holy crap! Gotta get: extra hub gears, birfields/axles, studs, u-joints, heim joints, extra pinion......Oh wait, got all that in buckets already!

Heeee
Awesome! Glad your coming, Joeseph! It'll be fun having you and your 45 on the Wagon Run!

@MountNGoat shared this photo on facebook so I decided to share it here....
17545619_1140814662713424_7974090796374478786_o.jpg

Original post by the US Forest service - "This photo was taken by one of our U.S. Forest Service OHV patrollers at the McKinney Rubicon trailhead, which sits near the top of the McKinney Rubicon Road on the southwest shore of Lake Tahoe. Those are the restrooms poking out of approximately 12 feet of compacted snow. Gives us a good idea of how much snow remains in the back country, and the U.S. National Weather Service (NWS) is calling for more snow this weekend.
#spring #LakeTahoe #NationalForest #backcountry
Photo credit: George Gusses, U.S. Forest Service OHV Patroller."

DAYUM.

Better get the Arctic Cats out. Yer gonna need 'em.

Naaah. Chains on all four corners!

Congratulation to Janice Watkins, she won the April drawing for an extra grand prize raffle ticket. There is one more drawing for the month of May and then no more. Please remember to have your shirts ready at the event, registrations must be received by June 7th. After that there is a $25 late fee and your shirts will be mailed to you after the event.

Here is the link for online registration: RUBITHON REGISTRATION | TLCA

Count down is on!
Eric

Remember you only have until June 7th, to get your registrations in and avoid the late registration fee. Also, if received after June 7th, your shirts will have to be mailed to you after the event. So get those registrations in!

Remember you only have until June 7th, to get your registrations in and avoid the late registration fee. Also, if received after June 7th, your shirts will have to be mailed to you after the event. So get those registrations in!
Thanks for the info. Still on the fence for this year.

:cheers:

Come on @surfpig stop being a princess. You know you want to go. So go.

Beno, are you still going to make it? I haven't seen anything from you yet. Hope to see you there!

Just a reminder, you only have 12 more days to get your registrations in without having to pay a late registration fee. Also, if received after the 7th, your shirts and hoodies will be mailed to you after the event.

Here is the link to the online registration: RUBITHON REGISTRATION | TLCA

You can still sign up for the event and get confirmation up until July 9th, and you can even sign up at the event, but I will not be able to answer any questions or send you a confirmation after that day.

I hope everyone has a nice Memorial Day Weekend and while you’re out there enjoying your holiday, take a moment and remember those that paid the ultimate price for those freedoms!

Thanks for your time and feel free to contact me with any questions.

Eric Agee

530-401-0800

chairman@rubithon.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom