2017 Rubithon Wagon Run (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Do I get a prize?

Congrats to Tim Wehrer on winning the May's extra Grand Prize raffle ticket.

Remember you only have until June 7th to avoid the late registration fee and to have your T-shirts ready for the event.

Only 3 more days to beat the dead line.

Here's the link: RUBITHON REGISTRATION | TLCA

Today is the last change to beat the late registration fee and have your shirts ready for you at the event.

You can still sign up, but your shirt's will be mailed to you after the event.

Here's the link: RUBITHON REGISTRATION | TLCA

Have something cool for all participants at this years Rock Chef. Get signed up and get yours. Same goes for the judges!

This years ingredient is super easy to incorporate!

Used the entirety of @MountNGoat s electrical supplies on my dual bat fridge solar setup. Don't expect him to have supplies or be in the mood to rewire anything on the trail :flipoff2:

unnamed (22).jpg

View attachment 1478603

Have something cool for all participants at this years Rock Chef. Get signed up and get yours. Same goes for the judges!

This years ingredient is super easy to incorporate!
does it rhyme with Doozie?

So do we have a total count for the wagon run and vehicle breakdown?

Interesting choice of words. A little premature for the last part of that question :rofl:.

So do we have a total count for the wagon run and vehicle breakdown?

As of today, there is a total of 17 vehicles. That includes the lead and all the committee. I will do my best to get a breakdown out to the Leads this weekend. It will be up the them to pass to their respective committee guys.

Howdy everyone! With the kick off of Rubithon just 23 days away, I just wanted to remind everyone that even to just use a propane stove, you will have to have a valid camp fire permit. There are 2 ways to get this. One is to stop at any of the USFS Ranger Stations and fill one out there.

The other, and much quicker way, is to go online and take the class. It takes mere minutes. Then you can print it up and you are all done. Here is the link: Prevent Wildfire - California Campfire Permit Online

There can be significant fines if you don’t have one of these. Just pack it in with your other legal paperwork in your rig. This permit is good until 12/31/17.

I’m looking forward to seeing everyone on the trail soon!

Feel free to call me with any questions. 530-401-0800.

Eric

I would like to take a minute to thank a few people in particular.

First, a huge thank you to Dion Mattei for all he has stepped up to help with at this year’s Rubithon. Not only has he taken care of the Marauder Bar for the last few years, when the past Cook Crew Leads had to stop handling the kitchen due to being out of school and in the work force. Dion stepped up and just asked… “what do you need me to do?” I can’t tell you all how much all of Dion’s and the rest of his PMC guys have done to help take stress off of me as Chairman!

Also, I’d like to thank Toys on the Rocks. They chipped in and purchased a case of Champagne for the RTF wine tasting fund raiser. I’d like to also thank specifically Jerry and Julie Reffner who went out and got more donations and even purchased some “Chocolate Splash” for all to enjoy. The Reffner’s played a huge role in getting our wine tasting off the ground in its first 2 years of the event. Last but certainly not least, I’d like to thank Jerry Schroeder who has been an absolute boss in procuring some great wines and raffle prizes for the event. Jerry S. has now taken over the lead for the wine tasting itself and his passion for the wine is apparent to all!

Also from Toys, I’d like to mention a huge thank you to Brian Kaiser who will be taking the lead of our Camp Crew again this year. We will certainly have our work cut out for us after this brutal winter. I have no doubt Brian will again do an outstanding job getting the Springs in the condition we are accustomed to seeing it!

I'd also like to thank John Evans for his very large donation to help make our kids driven activities even better. Thank you John, I'm glad you too value bringing the kids into our great sport!

Without the efforts of volunteers like these, we would not be able to put on such a great event. One of the great things of being a part of TLCA is the people. When work like this needs to be done, our guys always step up.

Thank you to all of the volunteers that help with the various Committee positions!

Last edited:
Howdy everyone! With the kick off of Rubithon just 23 days away, I just wanted to remind everyone that even to just use a propane stove, you will have to have a valid camp fire permit. There are 2 ways to get this. One is to stop at any of the USFS Ranger Stations and fill one out there.

The other, and much quicker way, is to go online and take the class. It takes mere minutes. Then you can print it up and you are all done. Here is the link: Prevent Wildfire - California Campfire Permit Online

There can be significant fines if you don’t have one of these. Just pack it in with your other legal paperwork in your rig. This permit is good until 12/31/17.

I’m looking forward to seeing everyone on the trail soon!

Feel free to call me with any questions. 530-401-0800.

Eric

Thanks for the link! I just got my permit and have the pdf saved to my phone.

Lots of talk about trail conditions...

Pirate4x4 has some pretty encouraging news given that the run is a month away from the date of this report: Trail Conditions 2017, go to First Post for Current Conditions - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum.
Some yutz signed up over there today to give his "trip report" ...

:rolleyes:

"It's open all the way now. I drove my old Land Rover yesterday from San Francisco to Loon Lake, through to Lake Tahoe and back to San Francisco. Some very deep water past the springs (over my hood), a couple of very nasty boulders in the middle of the trail near the top of Cadillac Hill and the snow drifts are treacherous but will probably be gone in a few more days."

Just an observation, being familiar with the trail if there is water that deep after the springs , not talking crossing into dirty, then the trail is prolly wet enough to warrant staying off it. Not saying s*** other than there has not been water that deep after the springs in a long time. The drainage for the section through the forest before the graves must be all jacked up.

Just an observation, being familiar with the trail if there is water that deep after the springs , not talking crossing into dirty, then the trail is prolly wet enough to warrant staying off it. Not saying s*** other than there has not been water that deep after the springs in a long time. The drainage for the section through the forest before the graves must be all jacked up.
I think the guy was trolling, just saying.

I mean, Land Rover. Enough said.

:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom