Builds 2010 LX 570 -AHC Delete, Tundra Swap, 4.5" BDS Lift (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Makes sense to do gears and lockers while diff is out. In my case, I am having a shop do it in October. They will deal with removing diff then. Did you go with ARB or Harrop? I am going with ARB and 4.88 nitro gears.
ARB & Nitro 4.88s as well. Haven't decided on a compressor setup yet, I want to mount a decent sized tank somewhere so I can quickly air up 37s.

Good chance that this is my future:

2020-08-24.jpg

Especially after I came home with 2 boxes of parts from the dealer today. Wheel bearings, hubs, seals, cam bolts & adjusters, UCA bolts, brake pads and a few misc. bolts.

IMG_20200903_115227.jpg

@GJamisonUT: As I was finishing the lift last Friday, I noticed that stock tundra TREs will not work with BDS steering knuckle. You will have to use the BDS TREs.

Yep, I noticed the same. Bummer.

And BDS TRE rubs on Coilovers on full turn. I will see if BDS could revise the spacers on lower shock mount.

Do these block the intake for the rear HVAC? Appears like a pretty tight fit agains driver side.

Do these block the intake for the rear HVAC? Appears like a pretty tight fit agains driver side.
Nope. The side "wings" are just a couple of brackets with the carpeted panels on top, so there isn't anything sitting against the side of the interior. If you look at the last picture in the post, you can unscrew that round cap looking thing and quickly remove that panel to access the 110v outlet and the jack/first aide cubby on the passenger side. You could even store things in there if you wanted to I suppose.

Front diff is done! Apparently I received the incorrect rear ring & pinion, so I had to arrange a replacement. While I'm waiting for that it's time to wrap up the front suspension and get my rig sitting on the front tires.

2020-10-08.jpg

2020-10-08 (2).jpg

Last edited:
got any pics of it sitting on front tires.

Hats off to the tech that installed the ARB in the front diff. Already a hard job setting the backlash with a clamshell housing, then add in the complexity of that airline.

Looking good so far!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom