Builds 2001 HZJ79 Ex-Fire Double Cab Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yea man everything you have done is super cool and your truck looks really really nice. I don't see that load of wood in any of the pics though!
Haha 😂 I assure you the wood was collected on the way out of the property.

Man, not sure where you took the truck to (in town here?) but from the pics, it sure looks like they did a really nice job!! Stop by when your in the neighborhood and show it off!! :bounce: :cheers:
Yeah! Just in Kelowna actually behind the airport! Small little fab shop!

Let’s get together for a coffee asap! Get the rigs side by side!

Sun kissed, dry and cracked. Time for some fresh OEM Toyota mirror replacements.

63012925-EAE5-4A00-811A-B18FB10F803A.jpeg

D77BFFE2-634E-4192-A26D-5CAB52F2D76A.jpeg

Post shift down time. Finally got to the winch and added the ASR synthetic line and Factor55 shackle mount. Pretty happy with the turn out.

Next up is to take a cutting wheel to the perfectly good ARB bar. Due to the offset of the Warn 8274 I will have to modify the bar in order to fit the spotties. It never ends but I secretly love it.

IMG_2958.jpeg

IMG_2963.jpeg

IMG_2960.jpeg

IMG_2957.jpeg

Well another level unlocked on my 79!

“3/4” Summit Expedition Trucks canopy with spare relocation. Now all I have to do is added electronics and configure it. I have a few ideas but nothing set in stone.

Ralf (owner of SET) delivered and we installed it at our local 2nd annual overland show! Great to see so many likeminded adventurers and enthusiasts.

Absolutely tickled with the attention to detail on it and the overall curb appeal it gives the truck. Will get some detail shots soon but here’s a few.

IMG_2978.jpeg

IMG_2981.jpeg

IMG_2990.jpeg

IMG_3010.jpeg

IMG_3018.jpeg

Well another level unlocked on my 79!

“3/4” Summit Expedition Trucks canopy with spare relocation. Now all I have to do is added electronics and configure it. I have a few ideas but nothing set in stone.

Ralf (owner of SET) delivered and we installed it at our local 2nd annual overland show! Great to see so many likeminded adventurers and enthusiasts.

Absolutely tickled with the attention to detail on it and the overall curb appeal it gives the truck. Will get some detail shots soon but here’s a few.

View attachment 3334597

View attachment 3334598

View attachment 3334599

View attachment 3334600

View attachment 3334601
That looks amazing!

Man alive dude. You've done some amazing stuff since I last checked in. Wow! Looks wicked! Love it!
Thank you sir! This stage of the build has been fun and I’m liking how it’s turned out. A lot more work still to go but all in good time!

I have been working towards a 70 series JDM fire truck for the last couple of years. Unfortunately (not THAT sad actually) a new H55 in my 40 last year took a bit out of my progress. I usually read through a build here and have a few things that I would have done different. I can't find a single choice you've made that I would have not been planning to do when I finally get my truck. Nice work.

What an awesome build! Love this. :popcorn::clap:

I have been working towards a 70 series JDM fire truck for the last couple of years. Unfortunately (not THAT sad actually) a new H55 in my 40 last year took a bit out of my progress. I usually read through a build here and have a few things that I would have done different. I can't find a single choice you've made that I would have not been planning to do when I finally get my truck. Nice work.
Thank you for the complement! Appreciate the kind words. It’s certainly been a labour of love and time spent figuring out what I want and what I don’t.

Hopefully all is well with your 40 and in due time you’ll be deep into a ex fire build!

Just a couple buds and their 79s. Nothing to see here! Met up with @Kroll in Revelstoke and proceeded to head deeper into the Kooteny’s accessing Nakusp via the Galena Bay ferry crossing. Our final destination was some natural hot springs which did not disappoint.

Accessing the hot springs on our second day was a riot which included using a snatch block and harness to pull ourselves across a river. The river had washed away majority of the access road so we pulled out the maps and found a second access that snaked and switch backed it’s way down. Plenty of deep cross ditches. @Kroll 79 with his new SET tray took it like a champ. 2wd low range did the trick! Traction with the Geolandar MT’s for days.

These trucks are pretty impressive.

Snapped a few pics of the trucks enroute home. @Kroll and his partner will be headed onward to the coast.

CD69B17B-953B-49B8-BC65-2CCFE7680E79.jpeg

IMG_2316.jpeg

IMG_2308.jpeg

IMG_3253.jpeg

IMG_3241.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom