200 Series Tire and Wheel Size Database (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hello
What is the correct tire pressure for BF Goodrich KM3 305 60 R18
Thanks
There's a thread for that. Not sure if you've provided enough tire info without someone having to go look it up. Plus it matters whether you have a LX570 or a LC. It's all in that thread though.

I too came from the Taco world last year and you can not compare the Taco V6 to the LC V8. Good grief not even close. So. Much. Power. And in your case you had a 3rd gen. Those rigs are notorious for being underpowered. If re-geared to 5.29's then they act right. Sad but true. On my LC I am running 285/75/17 with a lift and fully loaded going through the Colorado mountains the LC will go as fast as you want it to up the mountains. Gas mileage hurts but that is why I have a daily driver. FWIW with the lift, 285/75/17, and a Toytec alignment there is no rub on the KDSS for my LC.

Seriously though welcome to the LC club, it's a whole new world. Pic of my Taco during sale for reference.
View attachment 3027548
I figured I'd find a few Tacoma converts hanging around here, yours was good looking! My truck was re-geared, so it wasn't the worst thing in the world, but it definitely wasn't enjoyable on the long mtb trips both in acceleration and overall comfort. I really just want the cruiser to work without much fuss, if I could clear a 285/70r17 on the EvoCorse wheels I ordered without much effort I'd be tempted to go that route. 285/75r17 with a small OME lift that would accommodate an ARB bumper may be an even better solution in the long run though... I just worry about rubbing on the KDSS and opening that can of worms. Really just hoping for a set it and forget it situation that will work on moderate trails/camping and handle the highway miles in comfort.

Wheels don't arrive until Aug/Sept though, so I'll have some time to decide! I really appreciate everyone's input and feedback though, definitely helpful.

I don’t have a tlc and I’m sure a tlc owner will correct me if I’m wrong, but there is no reason a 285/70r17 on a +40 offset would require a lift.

447087ED-EFC0-44EE-ACA8-5743BFB3CAC1.png

I don’t have a tlc and I’m sure a tlc owner will correct me if I’m wrong, but there is no reason a 285/70r17 on a +40 offset would require a lift.

View attachment 3028212
Correct.
There are a ton of threads here, that size is set and forget.

Edit: Remove front flaps and heat gun front fender liners(worst case)

View attachment 3028212
That is what I am seeing more and more, which is definitely tempting. The only real concern I'd have with the 285/75r17 and small lift route would be that it seems like some are rubbing on the KDSS (ET40 specifically), which I need to educate myself a bit more on potential solutions if it comes to that. An upgraded suspension and classic ARB bumper is extremely tempting though! First world problems.... Appreciate your insight

Correct.
There are a ton of threads here, that size is set and forget.

Edit: Remove front flaps and heat gun front fender liners(worst case)
Dual concurrence, I appreciate it. No issues with minor trimming etc... Just a bit nervous when we get into KDSS rubbing and I'm OCD enough that even "a little rubbing at full lock" wouldn't be acceptable to me.

HI
Would the 295 70 R17 fit with the following setup -LC200 on BP51, OME upper arms, ARB front bumper, rims 17 8.5 ET 10 or to choose 285 75 17, no KDSS relocation
Many thanks

Method Race Wheels 706, 18×9 +35offset for 2010 LX. Anyone have some photos to share with this on their 200? Reading through this thread has me believing the +35 offset is better fitment than +25mm? Dunno.

Dual concurrence, I appreciate it. No issues with minor trimming etc... Just a bit nervous when we get into KDSS rubbing and I'm OCD enough that even "a little rubbing at full lock" wouldn't be acceptable to me.
I have the same set up (without ARB bumper) you are looking to run: Evo Corse 17 x 8 ET 40, 285/70r17 wildpeaks, and BP51s. I have not trimmed or used a heat gun and I get slight rubbing at full lock in reverse only. No other rubbing or issues. Installer said not to worry because it will likely go away as the tires are nw and the parts that are rubbing are the mud flaps and the tire, both of which are soft.

Truck looks great! After seeing a few in person and reading wayyyyy too many threads (all), I actually decided to pivot and go another route for wheels.

Method Race Wheels 706, 18×9 +35offset for 2010 LX. Anyone have some photos to share with this on their 200? Reading through this thread has me believing the +35 offset is better fitment than +25mm? Dunno.

+25 can work for smaller and narrower tires. If stepping up to bigger and beefier, +35 walks a better balance to maximize all dimensions for ease of fitment.

From a geometry and scrub radius perspective, +35 is also more optimal.

One my 2019 Land Cruiser I just got if I keep 18" wheel size and add no lift what is the tallest normally available size tire I can fit without rubbing?
Width wise I prefer tall skinny look like 10" or close.

Last edited:
One my 2019 Land Cruiser I just got if I keep 18" wheel size and add no lift what is the tallest normally available size tire I can fit without rubbing?
Width wise I prefer tall skinny look like 10" or close.
275/70R18

I want to give a shout-out to @DirtNap. He has updated my database and made it more user friedly.

UPDATE #1: A disgruntled member keeps deleting portions of the database, so I had to remove the editing abilities for everyone. :meh:

For now, just submit your info via a reply to this thread or I.M. me, and I will update it myself.

Update #2: To anyone else who wants their info in the database: I am getting tired of people messaging me their tires, but do no seem to give me anymore info. Look at the database, and make sure you give me EVERYTHING that is listed. I am tired of trying to track down the rest of the info! From now on, if you fail to give the full description, I will ignore your post. No hard feelings, but... Also, if you have the exact same setup as another member that has already been posted, it is a little redundant to have it in the database. i.e. We all know that a 275/70 will fit just fine. I get that the more entries the better, but if the setup is clearly tried and true, its not going to do much good having it in the database. The only reason it would be useful, would be if you actually have rubbing on a setup where another member said he or she had no rubbing. If that is the case, then please me note of it when contacting me, or replying to this thread.

Original Post: I have seen many many threads titled "How big can I go?" and "What tire Size?" "Will it fit?" etc. Instead of trying to sort through everything, I decided to make a google doc to keep track of everything.

I think this will really help those who are trying to pick a tire and wheel for their 200. I included boxes for tire size, wheel size, manufacturer, mods, and general notes about your particular truck.

Maybe this is a stupid idea. Who knows; lets see if it catches on.

I will go ahead and enter info into the spreadsheet as I see it in various discussions. If you see your name on the list already, please do not be offended, and please feel free to update it as you deem necessary--especially if you see a "n/a".

I would also like to add, that if you do have rubbing, please note where the rubbing occurs (in the notes section), as we can make the spreadsheet more specific as we get more info.

:cheers:
want to give a shout-out to @DirtNap. He has updated my database and made it more user friedly.

UPDATE #1: A disgruntled member keeps deleting portions of the database, so I had to remove the editing abilities for everyone. :meh:
For now, just submit your info via a reply to this thread or I.M. me, and I will update it myself.

Update #2: To anyone else who wants their info in the database: I am getting tired of people messaging me their tires, but do no seem to give me anymore info. Look at the database, and make sure you give me EVERYTHING that is listed. I am tired of trying to track down the rest of the info! From now on, if you fail to give the full description, I will ignore your post. No hard feelings, but... Also, if you have the exact same setup as another member that has already been posted, it is a little redundant to have it in the database. i.e. We all know that a 275/70 will fit just fine. I get that the more entries the better, but if the setup is clearly tried and true, its not going to do much good having it in the database. The only reason it would be useful, would be if you actually have rubbing on a setup where another member said he or she had no rubbing. If that is the case, then please me note of it when contacting me, or replying to this thread.

Original Post: I have seen many many threads titled "How big can I go?" and "What tire Size?" "Will it fit?" etc. Instead of trying to sort through everything, I decided to make a google doc to keep track of everything.

I think this will really help those who are trying to pick a tire and wheel for their 200. I included boxes for tire size, wheel size, manufacturer, mods, and general notes about your particular truck.

I will go ahead and enter info into the spreadsheet as I see it in various discussions. If you see your name on the list already, please do not be offended, and please feel free to update it as you deem necessary--especially if you see a "n/a".

I would also like to add, that if you do have rubbing,
I want to give a shout-out to @DirtNap. He has updated my database and made it more user friedly.

I would also like to add, that if you do have rubbing, please note where the rubbing occurs (in the notes section), as we can make the spreadsheet more specific as we get more info.

:cheers:
For the life of me I cannot find a link to the spreadsheet you put together. I see the link for the 100 series on the first page of the thread, but can find it for the 200 series. I’m on an iPad mini, so I don’t know if that’s affecting anything, but I would really appreciate it if you could help me with where the link is.

Thank you so much for your help and patience with me.

For the life of me I cannot find a link to the spreadsheet you put together. I see the link for the 100 series on the first page of the thread, but can find it for the 200 series. I’m on an iPad mini, so I don’t know if that’s affecting anything, but I would really appreciate it if you could help me with where the link is.

Thank you so much for your help and patience with me.

+25 can work for smaller and narrower tires. If stepping up to bigger and beefier, +35 walks a better balance to maximize all dimensions for ease of fitment.

From a geometry and scrub radius perspective, +35 is also more optimal.
Thanks for clarifying

@gaijin kindly provide RCTIP for BFG Trail-Terrain 276/65 R18 on a 2018 LC. Been running at 35 and they seem right.

Been running these for about 3 months now, in several different conditions - long highway trips, stop-and-go, and a good bit of rocky wheeling in the TX hill country. Must say I’m very pleased. They are slightly quieter than stock (with 40k) at highway speeds and have a touch more aggressive look. A little more grip changing lanes at high speed - now I’m used to it. No difference in gas mileage. Also filled the wheel well a little on my stock-for-now rig.

08F70E3A-EDC6-4966-A481-1279503CA76B.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom