200 series picture thread (29 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Make it to Alki, WA

20170327_130550.jpg

20170327_130527.jpg

I'm curious what y'all think might happen if someone sees your license plate (many of you blur it out in photos).

After all...we drive around all day long and they are visible to everyone...

If you're robbing a bank in the photo, I could understand...but I don't get it. ;)

??

Last edited:
I've wondered the same thing. Thought I must be ignorant of some internet scamming thing or something.

wondered the same

I'm curious what y'all think might happen if someone sees your license plate (many of you blur it out in photos).

After all...we drive around all day long and they are visible to all...

??

No idea. It doesn't bother me. If someone is that determined enough to creep my license plate and hunt me down they're more than welcome to try and steal my vehicle with me 10 feet away with a Glock. Plus, my plate isn't registered to where I live anyways.

I blur out the license plate on that SUV because it is not my SUV :) I am still waiting for my plates.

I don't mean to even direct the Q to you...... just a question since many people do this.

But anyway...if you post his plates...what might happen to him? Not trying to argue. I'm honestly curious what you feel you're protecting him from by doing that. I think about local news stations showing cars all the time. They don't blur any license plates...so I'm trying to figure out what the concern is.

You aren't the only one who does it.
Many here do. Just trying to hear the rationale. No biggie.

Last edited:
Probably so that the poster stays anonymous to the board since it is not hard to find the name associated with the plate. :cheers:

Probably so that the poster stays anonymous to the board since it is not hard to find the name associated with the plate. :cheers:

So out of curiosity... I did a bit of hunting, and...good news!

It turns out all personal info is very well shielded by a 1994 law restricting any entity from accessing or disclosing ANY personal information except for official law enforcement or governmental purposes. Distributing any personal information in connection with license plate markings is a crime, as of 1994.

So...basically...no. There are no services in the US that provide this info & you cannot look up ANY personal info based simply on plates. Any entity attempting to provide such info would be charged with a crime.

For anyone who doubts this...look up the Driver's Privacy Protection Act of 1994.

Or... Here's a helpful article put into layman' terms:

http://jalopnik.com/why-do-we-always-blur-license-plates-on-the-internet-1691298199

And ya, I know...it's not a government article...but it has links to the law which you can read if still skeptical. :hillbilly:

After all...we drive around all day long and they are visible to everyone...

If you're robbing a bank in the photo, I could understand...but I don't get it. ;)

??

Once your information is out on the internet, it's out there. Only you can control how much information you give to the internet. You never care about it until you want to take it back and by then it's too late.

Complete detail job today with my friend @landylover21. Rich and I did a clay bar, buff, and wax on Christine. It's amazing how much dirt came out when we used the clay bar. The buff and polish really brought her back to life and she looks like glass now.

View attachment 1431435

View attachment 1431437

View attachment 1431438

Holy smokes!
Looks like it's coated in GLASS in that first shot!
Very nice.

I really need to clean up my own rig. Have the stuff, but have never used clay before...and only have one usable arm for the job. Think I'll give it a go.

@PaulLx470, glad I was able to buff out most of those scars from the stupid fender flares; I gotta find my rotary which is in storage, it would've been quicker than my DA but we still got it done!

Holy smokes!
Looks like it's coated in GLASS in that first shot!
Very nice.

I really need to clean up my own rig. Have the stuff, but have never used clay before...and only have one usable arm for the job. Think I'll give it a go.

Thanks Mark! Honestly, I have never used clay until recently, but man does it work wonders. It's amazing how much dirt it lifts off the rig. Good luck with one arm as I'm sure you can do it but it will be labor intensive for sure. Can't wait to see pics. Unfortunately, we are supposed to get some more snow tonight through Saturday, so I will let the LC sit and drive the LX until Sunday. Ugh, will spring ever get here???

Last edited:
because blurring out the rest of the truck would be stupid :)
Fl3ovwqot2iGsEPwkLfV5-PkFItGsCJxrvKnDSPVujycse6MysPAuxczEPhrw89EQJObgsGg2rOzEIn84AbTbJxG-Dn0LgvPl2TZDY-Qg3Koc4rrq8Vm6J1t2CBGe3Efzz5LxqbsO0vJVaTqPsInjlpYfyT2pZihlaqEAElwmQK5smkozdJwjfdH1Rhjql-N4LCMWuhd84DgLt92VrZ6Yl7II8ivfmTeMXMFnQJ-u3VbPjvsSKO6yYQKSjLj7HCU34jBF8I2hFm7YFdPFnM5WAQfUoYHwJlHWtNRP23XwrYjqVCQToN3-MXxLo4vbCVcK-z2JvymsAAc8iyyYKDq1WuatfxOM1KLzAOYGODAkhYTmvihlJVaPC5OjpChIb1GmEySFfiz2tKlVJdSFMWClB0lHumAY_XMYaRBWBejR9SVVQTb_WExphz4HC5PlsUwFORQijB1vZXPb22wywrlcRyqeOzu_JwCLh2Q2NBMXhlJfI7e-VwkdZMpo3AZ2WhPblkDy4unqwpuCBrakBSnQdxaY4qxeZm7FdRMBv2V3Hz4OcPstt4CveLaoHJ6j0LEp3o-0jQxyoNtjuq9iQkAiuaw6c3KxC3D5MvoyW0QeKPIvwyqSS_dvA=w1230-h901-no

Last edited:
because blurring out the rest of the truck would be stupid :)
Fl3ovwqot2iGsEPwkLfV5-PkFItGsCJxrvKnDSPVujycse6MysPAuxczEPhrw89EQJObgsGg2rOzEIn84AbTbJxG-Dn0LgvPl2TZDY-Qg3Koc4rrq8Vm6J1t2CBGe3Efzz5LxqbsO0vJVaTqPsInjlpYfyT2pZihlaqEAElwmQK5smkozdJwjfdH1Rhjql-N4LCMWuhd84DgLt92VrZ6Yl7II8ivfmTeMXMFnQJ-u3VbPjvsSKO6yYQKSjLj7HCU34jBF8I2hFm7YFdPFnM5WAQfUoYHwJlHWtNRP23XwrYjqVCQToN3-MXxLo4vbCVcK-z2JvymsAAc8iyyYKDq1WuatfxOM1KLzAOYGODAkhYTmvihlJVaPC5OjpChIb1GmEySFfiz2tKlVJdSFMWClB0lHumAY_XMYaRBWBejR9SVVQTb_WExphz4HC5PlsUwFORQijB1vZXPb22wywrlcRyqeOzu_JwCLh2Q2NBMXhlJfI7e-VwkdZMpo3AZ2WhPblkDy4unqwpuCBrakBSnQdxaY4qxeZm7FdRMBv2V3Hz4OcPstt4CveLaoHJ6j0LEp3o-0jQxyoNtjuq9iQkAiuaw6c3KxC3D5MvoyW0QeKPIvwyqSS_dvA=w1230-h901-no

Oooooooh... Now that I've narrowed down your location to...uh...TEXAS...Ima stalk yoo! :hillbilly:

I challenge yoo to a STALK-OFF! o_O

FullSizeRender 10.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom