2"+ Lift (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Not sure if im understanding this correctly but it appears there are very few options for getting longer travel shocks from our 100's. It seams most are limited to handle 1.5" - 2" lift and maintain enough drop.

If you have lots of $$$$$ and need a lift for 140MPH baja runs " sarcasm everyone dont kill me" you can get shocks with lots of travel for the front and back of the vehicle. FOX 2.5, King, ICON ect.
This would be a great option but I cant afford to spend $1000+ for shocks.

Now for us more budget minded folks I can only find a few options that will give some extended down travel and will be ok with a lift above 1.5" or 2". I see the OME L shocks from the 80 series as an option from slee, another option I see are the Bilstein BE5-B341M and BE5-B340M shocks but are difficult to find and will run nearly 200 a shock.

Are there any other shock option that will allow for a taller lift but wont break the bank.
Iron man? tough dog? koni? Dobinson?

If you know of any other option that will work please let us know. Part numbers are a must

Tough dog is looking like a popular option, will they give as much travel as the OME L setup? Also sounds like the ride is much better as well.

trying to get a good list together for people to reference.

FRONT
OME N60070L $107 on Amazon ( Has Lots of flex)
Tough Dog 41mm $135 ( ????? on the travel)
Bilstein BE5-B340M $???? ( travel is much better than standard bilstein)
FOX 2.0 $135 (not much travel when lifting over 1.5")
Dobinson GS59-782 $????? (not much travel when lifting over 1.5")

Lets try and fill in the blanks for this stuff.

Last edited:
I’m also on the path of wanting longer shocks without spending $2500. Has anyone found anything?

I got custom made rear Fox 2.0 53" of travel and custom valving for $180 ea.

The lift is limited to 2.5-3 inches because none of the kits change the suspension geometry, you aren't going to gain any more travel, no matter what the lift is since full droop is limited by CV axle angles. Much further and binding and rapid wear will become a problem. Since no one is making extended axles or extended control arms, you are pretty much stuck with the travel you've got.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom