1UP BIKE RACK - SOLUTION FOUND!

Discussion in '120-Series Toyotas' started by Makakio, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Makakio

Makakio

Okay folks - first: want to say I appreciate all the help on the bike tray (rack) advice. So hard to do a good solution with the stooooopid barn door. Second: wanted to add a bunch of pics as I was guided to a solution, but lacked real info on it. The 1Up rack is rad. So rad. All metal. So simple. Tire-hold. Made in the USA. And on the standard-issue two-bike model it clears the door with no drop-down hitch goofiness or anything - just plug, tighten and go. They're stadium-platformed for better departure angle, so adding a third (or more) tray is going to cause interference with the door, but look at the pics - it's obvious what that scenario looks like. For the numbers people: with the rack in travel position there's 13" of opening with a bike on. With the rack tilted down that makes for 29". It folds up neatly into the box it ships in for storage. They sell a lock that blocks access to the special lug that tightens it into the receiver (no wiggle!) and you can use kryptonite chain lock as double security. Endless locking points for bikes on or around the rack. And so much faster and easier to attach bikes (not to mention stagger them any way you want) compared to others. I really can't think of a better solution. $545 with accessory lock, shipped. No tax to CA. bike on side.jpg bike on.jpg boxed rack.jpg clearance close.JPG clearance far.jpg

GXMac likes this.
  2. Makakio

Makakio

And here are three more

open narrow.JPG

open wide.jpg

wide open.jpg

3. mstrsltr

mstrsltr

Ha... I just scratched a ton of paint of my rear gate because I forgot I had the add-on attached! When it’s just one tray in the normal carry position, you can open the gate without any contact... but watch out for that add-on!

Don’t let this detract you though... simply put it’s the best bike rack available. Period.

subspd likes this.
  4. subspd

subspd

Media:
    ^^^ This. I have an add on and it will scratch the bottom of the door. But hands down the best bike rack on the planet!

5. GonzoShinyPants

GonzoShinyPants

Media:
    Albums:
    there's a product you can attach to the trailer hitch that will swing to either side a full 90 degrees thus making way for the door to open. just google search, sorry posting while I have a sec, don't see the link handy but it's out there

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.