1st Gen 4Runner Ashtray Cupholder? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just tired to find a good spot to mount the marine folding cup holders in my '87 4Runner SR5 tonight that I got off Amazon but no luck.

I have a 80 series Land Cruiser and bought Slee's cup holder that fits in the useless pocket thing that works similar to an ash tray.

Does anyone make something that converts the ash tray into a cup holder? If not, I may try it.

Pic of Slee's 80 series one below:
IMG_0304.JPG

Allright, 80s Tech!!!!

J/K;)

Unfortunately, the ashtray recepticle is not very deep, so there is not much that you could make that is stowable. Plus, if you go manual with your 3.4 swap, anything over the radio may interfere with a manual shift lever.

Good place for the folding cup holder is the back side of your center console if you have the full sized console. I have a tuffy in mine now and have the Tuffy dual cup holders bolted to the back.

Allright, 80s Tech!!!!

J/K;)

Unfortunately, the ashtray recepticle is not very deep, so there is not much that you could make that is stowable. Plus, if you go manual with your 3.4 swap, anything over the radio may interfere with a manual shift lever.

Good place for the folding cup holder is the back side of your center console if you have the full sized console. I have a tuffy in mine now and have the Tuffy dual cup holders bolted to the back.
Thanks. I may pick up one of the 3D printed ones from YotaTech forums. Think the entire console and shifter surround (I'll be going Auto) from a 3rd gen will fit instead (should already have cup holders)? Finding more and more reasons to push ahead with the 3.4L swap...

You could just take the lid off;)

Here is what I run in mine, you could probably to the same thing with the stock console of you reinforced the back side.

IMG_20170425_111412298.jpg

Great idea if you don't have dual transfer cases.
I assume an Atlas II would make this too tight as well?

Anyone tried a full 3rd gen console, cup holders, and shifter surround?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom