1995 HZJ75 Troop Carrier Seat Adapter... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm attempting to fit some Recaro seats into my Troopy. I ordered some adapters from Planted, and some universal recaro rails.

The rails bolt to the seat, the rails also interface with the Planted seat adapter. However, the seat adapter does not match my bolt pattern on the vehicle.

I have this sort of strange, non-square bolt patter on the LHS of the vehicle (RHD vehicle). The front two bolts are on about a 60 degree angle plane from horizontal. The rear bolts are on the horizontal plane (although one is sitting on a ridge one isn't). The biggest issue is that the rear, inboard bolt is off in no mans land (see picture).

I ordered the Planted brackets for the 70 series troop carrier and they appear to be in a square pattern.

Does anyone know how to search for this type of adapter?

PXL_20240225_232656208.jpg

Troopy seating is a weird thing... there are captured nuts under the floor for a variety of seats. I converted from a LHD 60/40 bench to two buckets with my own home-brew brackets. I found the captive nut on the passenger side (right for me) that allowed me to re-arrange accordingly.

I'm assuming you had front 60/40 bench up there originally, correct?
And you're a RHD, not LHD.

There is almost certainly a captive nut somewhere in the red circled area...
1708964617722.png

I am really glad to see this thread since I really want to replace the 60/40 bench in my rhd '90 Troopy with some kind of buckets.

I had no idea there were captive nuts in there.

For your brackets, I take it you got a left-side and a right-side bracket? Any other adapters or hardware needed? I haven't chosen seats yet so I know I'll need to do that before ordering parts.

oh nice! That's crazy you guys were able to find that. I guess it makes sense to manufacture the body with all of the different seat configurations as an option and just pop out the one you need.

When I imported my Troopy it came what I'll call a "custom" set of seats. They were installed on two pieces of angle iron. Now that you mention the 60/40 bench seat set up I'm sure that's what was originally installed. That explains the single bolt closer to vehicle centerline.

Even with the potential hole under the floor the Planted brackets still don't fit exactly. They offered to create one for my vehicle but I don't have a way to get up there without a seat lol.

I'm in the process of designing a custom seat adapter. It'll be simple, I'll share once I have it all complete and the seats are bolted in. Finding the correct seat belt buckle will be the next task.

Check out the attached powerpoint for the list of issues I have currently.

Attachments

• Planted_Bracket_Issue.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 19
I think it's more of a bench seat issue if i had to guess... Just a guess tho. The guys at Planted can probably help you out tho

I haven't started working on seats yet but it sounds like we may be in the same boat re: floors. I have a rhd 60/40 split bench.

Have you had any luck with planted? I may want to follow your path if you make it work.

I decided to go my own way on designing seat adapters. I took measurements / created CAD file/ Contracted a shop to manufacture.

The manufacturing is complete, they shipped last Friday. I should have them by the end of next week. I'll let you know how the fit-up goes.

Passenger_Side_Bracket.jpeg

Passenger_Side_Bracket_2.jpeg

Driver_Side_Bracket.jpeg

Driver_Side_Bracket_2.jpeg

yeah very similar.

I never looked for the hidden nut. Just going with the original attachment locations. Seat belts will be the next saga.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom