For Sale 1994 Toyota Land Cruiser: $42,500?!?! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

GT Seat Covers Are the s***!!
IT's worth 42 with those seat covers on her!!!!!!

I think its simple: he found his dream ride and built it. He has his number he wants to part with it. Win-win in his eyes: He keeps his dream rig or sells it for a dumb number.

I think its simple: he found his dream ride and built it. He has his number he wants to part with it. Win-win in his eyes: He keeps his dream rig or sells it for a dumb number.

My thoughts exactly, he probably has nothing to loose but his time/money spent on the Autotrader ad. Interestingly enough, there IS another 80 Series for $42,500 and at least 3 others with a $30k+ price tag... and to think I thought I overspent on my 80!

Based on the homes in the background, I think I know this area. Seems priced appropriately for the neighborhood.

Already lowered to $38,5

The question is.... What's it really worth?

An 80K mile FZJ80 (assuming it really is sorted and totally rust free) is certainly a rare bird, so there's that.
Most of the modifications can't be undone. At least not without sourcing cherry OE replacements.
Some of the stuff can be parted if not wanted/needed. Specifically, the fridge, the drawers, roofrack, maybe some other stuff. Didn't look too closely.

He claims to have spent $40K at Cristo's and maybe a few $K at the Toyota store. He bought the rig before the current insane run up in prices.

I dunno. Seems like a buy at $30K. But maybe I'm totally :beer:

Last edited:
But cars are a totally sound investment opportunity. Lessee, if I put $50k worth of sh*t on my rig and advertise it as 'expedition ready', some joker is sure to fall for it and bite.

Hmmmmm.... I should sell my 60 for $100k. It's 'project ready'. A blank canvas for any expedition meathead. ROTFLMAO....

:popcorn::beer::beer::beer:

The interior colors dont look like they match?
6 maxtracks? how stuck does he think he will get that thing?

full

I've seen this truck before- briefly worked at the dealership where it was serviced. I can assure you it went to Slee for all the bells and whistles then the dealer for damn near anything and everything.

I watched a friend sell an 80 for $60k+ a few years ago. It can be done, just takes the right buyer. Is it worth it? Not to me, but to each his own.

In a the grand scheme of things, if it's well sorted and in phenomenal condition (pictures don't always accurately represent), then it's a great buy for someone looking for a well built, one-of-a-kind 80. Hell, a brand new 4Runner Trail will set you back $38k+...bone stock. I've had both and guess which one I kept!:steer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom