1994 LC 80 Lift (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just bought a 1994 Land Cruiser. Right now, I'm running stock rims and tires. I would like to upgrade to 35's. I'd like to know how much I'd have to lift it to run 35's. If anybody has already done this, please let me know how you went about it. For example, amount of lift, axle spacers, and any stuff like that. Thanks

First of all, welcome to Mud madness! Your question has been beaten to death here and tons of info on the subject can be found by using "search".
What you will find is that opinions vary widely. But, depending on how much your stock springs have sagged and how you intend to use your cruiser (rock crawler or grocery getter) you may need no lift at all or you may be best off with a 4". The 80 wheel wells are quite large so you don't need as much lift as other vehicles we try not to talk about here may need to run a 35" tire for light off road use.

Welcome aboard.

Pretty new here myself. I found the search, as well as the MUD FAQs in the 80s tech, immensely helpful, as well as Slee's website.

Believe me, you can't ask a question that hasn't already been answered on the MUD. Some of these guys are the smartest people I have ever seen when it comes to vehicle fixes, mods, problem solving etc.

So pour yourself a drink, kick out the wife or girlfriend for about 2 weeks, and dive right in. You'll never be the same again.

Oh and here's Slee's site answering your exact question more or less.

Slee - Lift Size vs Tire Size - Slee (Toyota 80 Series Land Cruiser)

Welcome aboard.
So pour yourself a drink, kick out the wife or girlfriend for about 2 weeks, and dive right in. You'll never be the same again.
....or husband?!

....or husband?!

My apologies Jen.

But Jen is correct, or husband, domestic partner, in-laws, outlaws, or any other persons you that might require your undivided attention.

You're a cruiser owner now, 'ain't nobody got time for dat' while you're trying to learn.

Welcome
1st off, you are going to get every answer under the sun from every walk of life. Only to be more confused at the end.
When you are doing your research you will find the better threads are from 5 to 10 years ago when it was a new frontier of things never done before & the quest to get it figured out.
This is my thought as to how these veterans think sometimes... just my funny opinion here... You see the thing is that these veterans have been there & done that & are sitting on the porch hanging out on mud with a smile saying poor sole, I did that ten years ago, if he would only use the search option he will find the thread I told those guys a hundred times about & I'm tired of repeating myself over & over to every newbie 80 owner. They will figure it out eventually.;)

So, I'm just having fun with my 80 series trying figure out what best for me & have found that these rigs can handle 315s on old tired springs.

My advice is get the tires & go wheel. Then lift or cut as needed. Spring spacers & a body lift are the cheapest avenues.

I have a 96 on 37s with no lift. Depends on how much you are willing to cut :D

Honestly as everyone else has said, use search. Your needs/wants/ desired use will dictate your setup.

Mud only, not too worried about lift unless you're racing around on mudflats with pits and moguls. So do some slight trimming and run your 35's
Light to moderate trails with no boulders or logs. 2-3" of lift is nice because you don't need too much compression room or droop.
Light to moderate rock climbing
3-4" of lift is great, but once again a hefty trim can be a much better deal. Allowing you good compression while offering the suspension droop desired for rocks and log obstacles.
Expo rig, run 2-2.5" and heavier...you can see where this is going.
One thing I will tell you is that you should really look into the distant future and focus on what you want it to look and be like and build your suspension off of that. Unlike me who was gung Ho and wanted a wicked 3 link to dominate the very few log and rock trails we have locally, and then decided to make it an all around rig with bumpers and sliders and a sliding drawer tool box and spare tire carrier, winch and onboard air and now my springs are entirely too soft, I have changed shocks 3 times now in changing what I wanted out of the rig. So, decide now what your rig is for, what additions you'll make and it's intended purpose and then decide on lift height and coil rate and shock combo.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom