For Sale 1992 TEXAS 80 -ARB, OME, SLEE, 152K- (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I found this truck through this forum and hopefully someone else will. I let Craigslist have a week (more like weak) headstart due to the fact I am looking to replace it with a diesel. Two birds with one stone sorta thing. It has yielded the expected hilarious result. So here she is...

It has never been abused and has never done any serious off-roading or mudding (a pity, I know). The vehicle was owned for most of its life by a doctor in Austin, then by a diesel mechanic/Land Cruiser restorer in Dallas, then myself. She comes with a folder full of maintenance receipts/records.

151,000 miles and change

Completely reliable daily driver.

Tons of tread on the 35in BFGs.

Original 3rd row seats.

All gauges work, no warning lights on.

Aftermarket CD with iPod, USB, AUX port.

Electric windows and sun-roof all work.

ARB front bumper, winch ready.

Slee rear bumper/tire carrier.

Old Man Emu lift and suspension.

**Clean bill of health and recent work done by ALAMO AUTO DOCTORS (great people!)**

Nothing dripping.

Recently replaced the side cover gasket.

New right outer tie rod end.

New both front stabilizer link bushings.

New hood struts.

Fresh oil and coolant.

$14,200

****(TRADE)**** I'm looking for a F350, Crew Cab, 7.3 Power Stroke Diesel. 94-97 old body style is preferable. Maybe 24v Cummins. Looking for one in great shape and not ragged out. Needs to be pretty close in value.

I will respond to texts and calls in a timely manner. TwoOneZero- 33 Two- Eighty-Thirty2
Let me Know you're from mud when you respond please.

THANKS!

CRUISER2_1.jpg

CRUISER3.jpg

CRUISER5.jpg

CRUISER4.jpg

CRUISER7.jpg

CRUISER9.jpg

CRUISER15.jpg

CRUISER8.jpg

IMG_4447.jpg

IMG_4448.jpg

CRUISER13.jpg

CRUISER12.jpg

IMG_4457.jpg

IMG_4454.jpg

IMG_4451.jpg

IMG_4453.jpg

IMG_4452.jpg

CRUISER14.jpg

IMG_4474.jpg

3fe cruisers unfortunately only bring about half of what a 1fz cruiser would bring as far as value. It's like buying a non turbo supra. While the 3fe is a reliable motor, it's a dinosaur. If it was a 1fz cruiser you could get about 9k. With a 3fe, it's only worth about 5k. I agree though that it is tastefully modified for a 3fe cruiser.

3fe cruisers unfortunately only bring about half of what a 1fz cruiser would bring as far as value. It's like buying a non turbo supra. While the 3fe is a reliable motor, it's a dinosaur. If it was a 1fz cruiser you could get about 9k. With a 3fe, it's only worth about 5k. I agree though that it is tastefully modified for a 3fe cruiser.

If this was a 1FZ the pricing would be spot on... although if the mileage is accurate and the wear consistent with the photos you have something special. Very nice rig none-the-less, best of luck with sale!

If this was a 1FZ the pricing would be spot on... although if the mileage is accurate and the wear consistent with the photos you have something special. Very nice rig none-the-less, best of luck with sale!

I appreciate the compliments on the rig. Truck sold near asking price.

Everyone is an expert. 3FE this, 1FZ that... X is not always in direct competition with Y. Sometimes people already have X and want a Y to go with it. Some people swear by X while others will never touch X again because of a past nightmare. Some people want Y because they are in a hurry to buy and Y is immediately available and close. And some people can wipe with cash. Forums can quickly devolve into a nitpicking authority on the be-all-end-all. The open market of supply and demand is a beautiful thing. Passing on a vehicle because it is not worth a particular dollar amount TO YOU is one thing. Dictating what a vehicle is worth on the open market is silly. It is worth what the next person is willing to pay at that time.

It would be in good taste to give pricing advice when pricing advice is sought. List a vehicle for what you want for it, what it's worth for you to give it up. Good thing I didn't adjust to White Stripe's "It's only worth about 5k." I would have lost out on an extra 9 grand.

Last edited:
I appreciate the compliments of the rig. Truck sold near asking price.

Everyone is an expert. 3FE this, 1FZ that... X is not always in direct competition with Y. Sometimes people already have X and want a Y to go with it. Some people swear by X while others will never touch X again because of a past nightmare. Some people want Y because they are in a hurry to buy and Y is immediately available and close. And some people can wipe with cash. Forums can quickly devolve into a nitpicking authority on the be-all-end-all. The open market of supply and demand is a beautiful thing. Passing on a vehicle because it is not worth a particular dollar amount TO YOU is one thing. Dictating what a vehicle is worth on the open market is silly. It is worth what the next person is willing to pay at that time.

I would be in good taste to give pricing advice when pricing advice is sought. List a vehicle for what you want for it, what it's worth for you to give it up. Good thing I didn't adjust to White Stripe's "It's only worth about 5k." I would have lost out on an extra 9 grand.
Their are several 3fe 80s on Craig's near me now for 3 to 4k. They have been listed for those prices typically for the last gew years and currently. That's what I base that off of. Is it impossible to get more? I guess not. Some people dont do their research. It's hard to get that kind of cash for a 1fz 80.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom