For Sale 1989 LJ73 Turbo Diesel - Northern California (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

00Q0Q_9DN7CUibfpK_600x450.jpg

DEPOSIT RECEIVED, PENDING SALE...1989 LJ73 with removable top and fold-down windshield. This truck has some rust and needs a little work but is a serious head-turner. The LJ73 has the 2LT turbo charged diesel, 5 speed transmission and the front coil springs. Regular left-hand drive, power steering, new 31 inch tires, new battery and inclinometer. These little trucks can go just about anywhere. Just over 264,000 km on the engine (approx 165,000 miles) and many more to go. I don't have time to complete this project the way I want to, this could be a good opportunity for someone else.

REDUCED TO $5999, call or text 916 408-2222 for more information.

This truck has been legally imported from Canada but not registered in California.
00x0x_eDUkP93U5Hy_600x450.jpg
00K0K_ff1tNXUi5yp_600x450.jpg
00000_5Y6Vs7ibPBb_600x450.jpg
00404_iVBfmOhGrLh_600x450.jpg
00w0w_gqPxxnzgj6Q_600x450.jpg
01212_ikise4hhBqi_600x450.jpg
00O0O_3BKgGEiA1lu_600x450.jpg
01717_cTTCrXt5lrK_600x450.jpg
00Q0Q_15nN3BuKK2z_600x450.jpg

Last edited:
Curious about the cable lockers, I don't see the usual levers in their usual location. Are they placed somewhere else on the LJ's?

Very cool truck and a very reasonable price. H55F swap or the original R151F? Cable lockers from a pre-90 HD 70 series? Cable lockers were not an original option for the LJ7*.

You are right. I'm currently out of state and posted it for my dad back in CA based on what I recalled of the truck. In talking to him he did confirm that it doesn't have the cable lockers. He did also say he wanted it off the driveway and is reducing the price to $7750. It is his number in the ad and he can be contacted for questions etc. I'm in a spot were I can't check MUD very often at all.

O - MY .. thats a great price.

That's a phenomenal price.

Get truck, run truck till head cracks, then perfect candidate for a 1HZ/H55/Split case.

:)
Do these trucks have head issues? I didn't know much about them. Is there a fix before it cracks?

Still for sale?

So how is anybody going to title this truck as my understanding is that anyone who imports a truck in the US also has to title it?

It seems this one has crossed the border but has not been legally titled in the US yet.

Well, in my state, for example, no title is needed. Just a bill of sale.

This truck came from Alberta Canada where they have paperless titles. My Dad has registered other diesel cruisers before in California and said it was easy twice and then had a challenge with one that he eventually got registered but it cost him close to $7000. The process in CA is getting a VIN verification done by CHP and then taking it to the DMV with the VIN verification and the other import documents and previous Canadian registration. He said it takes some time to get the tags in the mail and they will give you a temporary. We've had friends import to other states-Utah and CO and they didn't have any problems but I think it varies from county to county there.

Price bump to $6999 and here is a video that my Dad did showing the rust and flaws that he sees when looking at it. He bought it sight unseen and the guy that sold it to us was less than honest. Dad paid too much and will be losing quite a bit of money but wants it off the driveway to make space for another project. No parting out (even though he'd probably make more than he is currently asking), this is still too good of a truck to kill it in such a cruel way!

I can’t believe this thing is still for sale .

Interesting it has coils in front and not on the rear...my rj70 has coils front and back. Toyota engineers must of had fun schemeing up so many variations of one platform.

I can’t believe this thing is still for sale .

Interesting it has coils in front and not on the rear...my rj70 has coils front and back. Toyota engineers must of had fun schemeing up so many variations of one platform.

This one should have coils all around,only way they ever made the LJ series

This one should have coils all around,only way they ever made the LJ series

The way he presented it in the video had me believing it had mis matched springs. It makes sense it would only have coil springs all the way around because every SWB 70 light weight I’ve ever seen has been that way like you say.

Couldn’t a person use quite a bit of the drive train for a 40 series upgrade if it was leaf sprung ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom