For Sale 1989 FJ 62 Landcruiser V8 conversion 5.3 Vortec/4L60E trans (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Finally doing it! Moving on to other car projects.
1989 FJ 62 Landcruiser
200K plus on the odometer
CA smog legal
Motor- 5.3 Vortec V8
Trans- 4l60E
Aluminum Radiator
Lokar Shifter
Brakes- Upgraded 4 Runner Calipers-Master Booster
Upgraded 04 Tacoma bucket seats in front. Have OEM seats as well
4 Plus Bumpers
Sound deadening throughout vehicle
Stainless steel battery tray
Old Manu Emu 4” springs with shackles
33” Tires with powder coated black American racing aluminum wheels

$20k
Located in Huntington Beach, CA

photo-5.JPG

IMG_4615.JPG

IMG_4627.JPG

IMG_4629.JPG

IMG_4631.JPG

Very nice rig. Do you have any interior photos you can post? If those match quality of exterior, I'd be interested to meet up and take a closer look. Thanks!

Don't have a recent picture with the Tacoma seats. I can get you one this weekend though. Carpet has been replaced so it's pretty solid. The rear bench has typical wear on the stock cloth material. Bumpers have been re-powder coated about a year ago. These pictures are the only thing I have on me at the moment. The steering wheel shot is before putting in the Tacoma Seats.

IMG_20100820_133429.jpg

IMG_4625.JPG

IMG_4635.JPG

IMG_4638.JPG

Dang dude... that's a steal...
CA smog legal, bumpers all around, upgraded seats, plus all other goodies...

I hate to say it, but good luck with the sale...!!!

Don't have a recent picture with the Tacoma seats. I can get you one this weekend though. Carpet has been replaced so it's pretty solid. The rear bench has typical wear on the stock cloth material. Bumpers have been re-powder coated about a year ago. These pictures are the only thing I have on me at the moment. The steering wheel shot is before putting in the Tacoma Seats.

View attachment 1439276

View attachment 1439277

View attachment 1439278

View attachment 1439279

Wow! Great looking rig. What sort of mileage do you get with the 5.3?

Nice looking rig!! Few questions, where/who did the conversion work? Looks like it's a Northern California rig?
Could you give some more specific details on how it is CA smog-legal?.. as it looks like a 5.3 Vortec? Do you
just take it anywhere and hope it passes smog, without them noticing or knowing it's an engine swap?
Otherwise, I was under the impression that the only way to do this totally legit would be to install a
CARB-compliant (certificate) eRod LS3 6.2L crate engine? But, I don't know.. but just interested in a rig that
won't have any CA smog hassles. Thanks..

check that.. your sig says San Francisco.. but the post says Huntington Beach, CA, which is just down the street from me.

Where did you get the interior redone? I'm looking for a shop to redo the upholstery and rear carpet, and maybe replace
seats. Thanks..

Nice looking rig!! Few questions, where/who did the conversion work? Looks like it's a Northern California rig?
Could you give some more specific details on how it is CA smog-legal?.. as it looks like a 5.3 Vortec? Do you
just take it anywhere and hope it passes smog, without them noticing or knowing it's an engine swap?
Otherwise, I was under the impression that the only way to do this totally legit would be to install a
CARB-compliant (certificate) eRod LS3 6.2L crate engine? But, I don't know.. but just interested in a rig that
won't have any CA smog hassles. Thanks..

The Rig has a CA bar sticker. I took it to a referee for them to certify it with the 5.3 vortec. So when you go to smog the tech scans the bar code on the sticker. That has all the DMV info on the conversion and how to smog it. It has all the emission components to able to get passed for smog. The swap was done in 2009 and has been passing smog ever since. Let me know if you have any other questions. I would be free to answer them.

check that.. your sig says San Francisco.. but the post says Huntington Beach, CA, which is just down the street from me.

Where did you get the interior redone? I'm looking for a shop to redo the upholstery and rear carpet, and maybe replace
seats. Thanks..
Yeah, I live in both places. I work in LA during the week. I did the carpet kit myself. There are tons of shops in the HB area that do great work. Bill Dunn is one I hear about a lot.

More info on the mileage.

Conversion was done at 212,349 in 2009
Motor was bought with 41,625
Current Millage is 257,143
Current Motor Milleage is 86,419
Transmission was brand during conversion Mileage on transmission is 44,794

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom