For Sale 1989 BJ-74, Cable Lockers, Lexington, KY, USA (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

CruiseMoab2014 037.jpg
Photo - April 2014 on the Kokopelli Trail during Cruise Moab. The roo bar has been replaced by a fitted ARB bumper. La Sal Mountains in the background.

For sale is my 1989 (12/1988) BJ-74. I took delivery in March of 2013 and have wheeled it in KY, TN, AL, AR, MO, CO and UT. Nothing crazy but this truck has seen trails and it does very well!

It has the 13BT 4 cylinder turbo diesel engine, automatic transmission, cable lockers, two tops and two sets of rear doors (full and half), a PTO winch and a fitted ARB front bumper. It has 285/75/16 BFG ATs on 80 Series rims with 1" OPOR spacers. A PO added a EFS Suspension (Australian). It has @128,300 miles (206,500km). It is a JDM model I imported from Brisbane, Australia.

I am in the process of cleaning it now and will post additional photos of as I take them.

Rust. The windshield frame is rusty on the bottom where it meets the weatherstripping and there are two small spots on each corner of the cowl.

I am listing it now, with an incomplete ad, as I expect it will take some time to sell.

Asking price is $15,500.00 OBO. I can keep the soft top and half rear doors and reduce the price if that suits the buyer. I will be keeping the rear bumper, sliders, and other small parts for a future build.

Pease call at 859-two five five-2307 or e-mail at peblaw@yahoo dot com with questions or to set up a test drive.

Thank you for your interest!
Peter

Last edited:
DSCF0920.jpg DSCF0919.jpg Thank you Charles!

If anyone is wondering what is behind the PBR sheet metal, it's the hole for the snorkle and its mounting bolts. The snorkle has gone to @elkoholic but since it seems most 70 Series owners like snorkles, I did not have the hole repaired or the upper fender replaced.

Since buying the truck, I have replaced and upgraded several items. Here is a list of most things, in no particular order:
Replaced all three belts. Alternator and power steering were OEM.
Replaced the water pump, radiator cap, thermostat and radiator drain plug with OEM parts. Replaced by-pass hose. Flushed cooling system.
Replaced front and rear pinion seals. Front was OEM and rear was from Radd Cruisers.
Replaced fuel filter with OEM part.
Installed OEM windshield cradles to hold windshield when folded down.
Replaced all bushings in shift linkage with OEM parts.
Took it to Jim C. (the 40 Series carb guru) to have it baselined. He inspected it, set the boost at 10 PSI, upgraded the front calipers to 4 Runner units and got the emergency brake working properly.
Changed the transmission fluid and installed an auxiliary transmission cooler.
Replaced the A/C condenser with used OEM and the receiver-dryer with OEM. Charged system.
Replaced the window runs in both front doors and the regulator in the right door with OEM parts.
Set of five BFG All Terrains LT285/75R16, Load Range E
Set of five 80 Series rims and 4 OPOR 1" wheel spacers
Replaced brake fluid and power steering fluid.
Custom bed cover and soft top.
Had paint buffed at body shop.
Replaced front wiper motor with used OEM.
Replaced right sun visor with OEM.
Had the mirror in the right mirror replaced with a flat mirror.
Replaced u-joint in PTO drive shaft. Cleaned, painted and rebuilt winch head with OEM seals.
Had ARB bumper modified to fit PTO winch.
Replaced all shackle bushings with poly bushings.
Replaced both batteries (August 2015).
Replaced OEM air filter (January 2016).
Tires balanced and steering stabilizer replaced (November 2016).
Replaced the cable between the batteries (December 2016).

I'll update this list as I think of additional items I have replaced.
Thanks
Peter

Last edited:
DSCF0973.jpg Here's a shot of the locker handles I should have added some time ago.
I continue to clean and will be adding interior shots soon. Hope to have the hard top on in a week or two.
Thanks for looking!

View attachment 1179501 Here's a shot of the locker handles I should have added some time ago.
I continue to clean and will be adding interior shots soon. Hope to have the hard top on in a week or two.
Thanks for looking!
Appears someone stole your clutch pedal. :)

Very cool truck. Was she trailered or driven to those stunning destinations?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom