Builds 1988 BJ74 “Number 1” (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Update.

The new VR: 27700-15040 worked great to fix the charging issue. Now no flickering air/glow/turbo/overboost light on low idle or with lights on or anything. I'm keeping the old as a spare as it sort of worked and would work in a pinch. Might not be a bad long trip spare parts to use the old VR and alternator brushes: 27371-56612

View attachment 2068942

New parts are soooo purty sometimes!

Glad it's resolved your issue. While the New Era units are made in Japan, there's no substitute for the good old Denso OEM.

New parts are soooo purty sometimes!

Glad it's resolved your issue. While the New Era units are made in Japan, there's no substitute for the good old Denso OEM.

Yep, seemed like the right way to go. Not really expensive either at $58.

Still working good on the drive in this morning.

IMG_5269.jpg

No real tech here today. Just a few pictures from @Honger request.

Dogs and cruisers.

Here is our Irish Wolfhound puppy. "finnick" or Finn.

12 weeks old, first Cruiser trip.

IMG_4655.jpg

New favorite riding spot 15 weeks old.
IMG_4921.jpg

Cruising with our other dog stella at 14 weeks.
IMG_5154.jpg

16 weeks, 45lbs and takes his half out....half of the Cruiser that is.

IMG_5255.jpg

Love it! That’s gonna be a big dog. I can’t wait to get a dog... once we buy our own place...

Yeah, he is already big! If he is the same as his mom and dad, he will probably be around 180lbs and 34" at the shoulders. Such gentle giants for sure.

I didn't really want a puppy, but the family broke me down. Our other dog is 3, a stray someone had dumped out in the country and so far she's the best dog I've ever had. Hopefully she teaches Mr. Lazy some good things.

Good dogs make like so much better. Always happy to see you, make you laugh and just want to hang out with you. Hope you get one soon.

Adding another picture like above. Good sunrise poser picture. Our place is just up the road in those trees on the right. Not much out here.

View attachment 2070834

God's country bro... the sunflowers, the gentle roll of the fields. Forgive me, I grew up in Kansas. This is a priceless shot.

God's country bro... the sunflowers, the gentle roll of the fields. Forgive me, I grew up in Kansas. This is a priceless shot.

Right on! I have family in Dodge City. Im by far more of a mountain kid growing up and living in Colorado. I highly prefer the mountains, and Ouray Telluride!, but I do appreciate vast open plains and rolling hills for what they are. :)

@Honger Your comment reminded me of my hometown.

My hometown has a big sign right on the main highway that says "This is God's Country, Please don't drive through it like hell" or something like that.

So I'm looking at putting the overhead console back in since the roof will be on until next year. I think I'm going to take the carpet off of it as it's a little dirty/dingy looking, and updating it would be nice. It seems to pull off easy to do I go with a vinyl type cover, or just paint the fiberglass and call it good?

As for the middle slot, it was setup for CB awhile ago, but any thoughts on that? Put another CB in there or go with 2m?

M6BP7g47vzlHH_0FYKHWjUUnizRvphbUohdod7YrV9NMsZUvlm1xonScTxnBmkVL4AILa3NyktCyxZWR7PTz03Bb2WdWt-7YTP2n2jxarqAz-XLL4aCJNqZ5aEPSMDJjdbUgYmyFYxdVaCN5ZSn-RkEH7TPTVHgwkirkpawuTRpC9Fo53xfhQhCCXFiIPzLL-WAbmjRSsO9Oetx1nQC0ybApBnYW-oF66aMHnqWQkDPE9lSJ8z3GGlimkaW0DYh2oEBpga21-SC6McsxNtL5FKZ43g5GQl6vyLTLPSrVY_rKo7CnmQhHIl1AYB0B5P5HO-jHdwlxb4f6s0xGeK6BLrDa5Xtb3HlUDUaiGOXkHIWf3SW9nmnBPDGJfA-aLGvGEKOB0Tmwg5qZRynOmFtyyZWlxMoT1vb7wZZq8QiRUt5tbidNbil0Ujtsu0D8afQJCXNOCV4fpzkMmxFSZcvxs2YdehlYXUsOickdBYWX_97TTcUIIlm6p1hwJxw3IA5KVWrwGpl_6A_9InK2gg7OScSx3pKLAIUeOQQkDWhuRm0-QduOvIt8nCUyqQfKOFBDPTAnko8q9vCj3c4e-xVvA4dyAC4S66yigSocyzqurWC3YI2kCyEgE2xR76fNZY8=w1328-h996-no

Look at all them dangly bits.:grinpimp:

I'd like to do an overhead for my BJ74 but I need to order up a Roundtuit first....:crybaby:

Look at all them dangly bits.:grinpimp:

I'd like to do an overhead for my BJ74 but I need to order up a Roundtuit first....:crybaby:
By design. The cord whacking you in the head helps you stay awake on those long drives.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom