1980 FJ55 project (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Now have doors on it.
IMG_0721.jpg
IMG_0710.jpg

That is BEAUTIFUL. With the lack of driving and working on my pig, ive been feeling kind of discouraged. This helps!

The colour turned out to even better than I expected. Just some runs to be buffed away, but tone is perfect.

the engine compartment is lovely; awesome firewall, but am I correct in assuming that you pulled the engine and other parts to get it that pristine?, have not seen pix with the engine out............it is an inspiring work of art :beer::cheers::clap::pig:

The engine was there all the time, just masked it. I unbolted all other things from firewall. Once unbolted like brakelines masked them too and pulled them as far from firewall as possible with straps. I got enough room to paint the firewall. The lower parts of it aren't that perfect, but isn't that visible either. Haven't took any pics when masked.

Finally got it water proof. Got all windows and bonnet on. Still not driveable due to carb problems. At some point managed to get some (quiet a lot actually) water inside the carburator. Now have put it in peaces and getting it clean. Had to get the Pig outside to clean the garage and do some maintenance for other cars.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Last edited:
Great work, that truck looks awesome. I hope you are driving it soon. -Steve

WOW that was a lot of quality work in a short period of time! Nice job!!

Thak you all! Looks like I haven't much time for FJ before christmas, an our here and there..

Carb is cleaned and waiting for assembly and got the rig back in garage. Have been cleaning seats, mats and door panels. With some cleaning and vinyl care they look really nice.
Made also a syclone for my old homemade media blasting cabinet, so I'm able to blast valvecover and some other engine parts soon.

<some before and after pics:

IMG_1120.1.jpg

IMG_1163.1.jpg

Last edited:
Olso got a new headliner assemled. Some wrinkles but happy with that.

IMG_0412(2).JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom