1980 FJ55 project (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Good Job! How's the cooling problem now? I don't think you can find new 55 radiators anymore, so this is a good way to go.

Heating problem seems to bee solved. Haven't really drove it yet, just a bit on my yard. There is also a new waterpump so it should be fine.
Yep, once I noticed the radiator didn't fit went thrue the forum about radiator and found out there isn't new ones available. The new FJ40 radiator is about 10 cm narrower and few centimeters higher. Old one was I think three row and new one is four rows so it should have atleast same cooling capacity.

Very nice. I'm curious to know about the fan shroud. I need one so curious where you sourced that one from.

The fan shroud is the original FJ55 shroud. As you can see from the pics is about 10 cm wider than the radiator.

Got it checked for road today. Here you need to have your car checked every year to keep it road legal. This haven't been on road for ten years. I did some test driving with temporary plates earlier, but now its road legal.
Some pics from evening cruise.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

View attachment 1270855

The floormat is fom local hardwear store. They sell it by meter. Rubber with stripes..

I like the last picture. It's like "I am a little princess, and I only touch rocks with my toe."

How do you guys do it?! That thing looks perfect! Well Done! The ambulance doors really give the thing a cool look and create a cool different camp setup.

looks like the spare tire crank. never seen it mounted there before.

Jnj,
That is an amazing restoration! I am so amazed at the interior condition... and jealous.

I like the last picture. It's like "I am a little princess, and I only touch rocks with my toe."

How do you guys do it?! That thing looks perfect! Well Done! The ambulance doors really give the thing a cool look and create a cool different camp setup.

Ha ha! You nailed it. Just remainds me of The Cars -movie (Pixar cartoon) that we watched like 100 times with my son. The cars in that movie are just like my pig princess.

What is that just under the rear passenger cargo window?

Yep. Thats spare tire crank.

The envy of any pig owner and appreciated by all who attempt resurrections.
What size tires are they?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom