1976 FJ40 Roll Bar For Long Jump Seats? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ackcruisers

SILVER Star
Threads
Does anyone know if the roll bar (image attached/below is from FJ Company’s FJ40’s) is being made by any suppliers? The setup appears to allow the jump seats to screw right into the roll bar flange vs right up against the body tub.

3E247816-8BE4-48BA-B5D6-68C771B33F19.jpeg

Considering that the seats are not US spec, there’s a reasonable chance that the bar is a factory piece for that market as well.

Thanks for the help. I’m going to email FJ Company to see if they will sell me a roll bar (unlikely). Will take close measurements of my Colombia FJ40 to see if stock US OEM roll bar will fit over the raised sheet metal body tub inside fender wheel well. Will also measure exactly the jump seat mounting brackets as shown.
977539EF-6CA1-449E-9B5F-BE19B438BF83.png

Last edited:
Their earlier versions looked more like what most people are doing when using rollbar / long jump seat combo.
Spacers, with long bolts running through them into stock holes in tub.
They have really customized their approach to lots of stuff. Mostly done very well.

20191209_165331.jpg

The PO of my 40 put in a factory roll cage and adapted the long seats, however the did not have the legs as shown as without it seems to have rested on the wheel well. It actually came with blocks of wood he used. Is there a source for the folding legs shown for moving it inboard?

Thanks @thecrazygreek those extensions will likely work and easier than welding bracket on roll bar. @ryanwk628 I’m not aware of any source for legs.

Last edited:
Hi, I’ve not heard back from FJ Company on sourcing a roll bar from them to fit the long jump seats that are in my Colombian truck. I did find a nice roll bar for sale but it would need brackets welded on for seat 3 point seat belts. My truck has soft top and seat belt 3 point retractable system is mounted to b pillar. Wondering if the roll bar will fit on my truck or interfere with B Pillar seat belt set up. These OEM roll bars are not cheap. I bought two of them for my trucks back in the day for under $100 each.

72C3912D-C461-4128-BB50-0CFED249F339.jpeg

I’m now trying to source a long jump seat bracket to weld onto the roll bar before I send it out to get powder coated. If anyone has source let me know. otherwise, I will have them fabricated. Attached is image of what I’m trying to do. I do not like the spacer that SOR offers. The bracket Fj Company uses makes the most sense.
C1C3691E-58F2-4118-A92E-B18A130C6381.jpeg

Last edited:
I cut and extended my roll bar sides to accommodate the longer jump seats. You have to reposition the main hoop forward a bit, then extend the sides all the way to the back corner.

Here's what I did...

Hope this might help

Thanks. I’m going to fabricate C channel to fit then weld and incorporate weldnuts. I’ll post with measurements once I tackle this over summer.

I ordered a roll bar from 4x4megastore.pt It fits just well with long jump seats.
589A95AD-F29D-4434-B3A8-D5ABF02C70AD.jpeg
2779D243-661E-455A-A819-5E0ED77927DB.jpeg
AC86805D-54A9-4881-B486-0941D86F07B3.jpeg
BC98F24F-A13A-4C19-9962-FD7AF7151570.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks. I’m going to fabricate C channel to fit then weld and incorporate weldnuts. I’ll post with measurements once I tackle this over summer.
I'm just curious: did you end up posting the measurements and pictures? I am getting ready to start this project. Super excited...

I have not started the project yet. Primarily due to the painting required to install the roll bar supports under the wheel wells after welding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom