1974 Pua'a (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

gonzopancho

SILVER Star
Threads
I live in Mid State Louisiana. You should come to the southern Cruiser crawl in October in Arkansas. Starts October the 10. Just got done reading the build thread that's an impressive piggy you have.

I remember that Piggy!

They did a lot of work on her.

She was at a Rising Sun Rally:

8-24-14-110-jpg.933555

8-24-14-111-jpg.933556

Update. Trying to get this on the road, as I've had it since May.

For the past 6 months, I've been collecting parts for the tailgate innards (still missing one window channel), the front window regulators (@Pastafarian welded wrenches in as window handles), and a set of door hinges to rebuild.

Recently done: Added disc brakes to the front axle. Used a TLC 4x4 (Jonathan Ward) setup I had on the 62. Pics soon.

Finally found the electrical gremlin that has been discharging the battery. Fusible link was burnt. Now it doesn't make a spark when you connect the battery, so fingers crossed that the issue is closed.

Next on the list is to fix the e-brake and horn. With luck it will pass the Texas State inspection without the front fender marker lights (are these the same as FJ40 fender marker lights?) and reverse lights. @Cruiser Innovations removed the reverse lights and blanked the hole where they used to be. Josh had a plan to locate bu lights where the reflectors are, but a) I don't want to cut the body and b) I'm thinking I can put them in a rear bumper.

Ordered some replacement sheetmetal from @bobm. Thanks @bobm! Nearly time start repairing the damage caused by the tin worm.

If you're cute might want to post a picture of yourself and these guys might hand deliver the side marker lights to you!

I’m a 310lb (down from 322!), 6’ 3” 56 year-old straight, married dude with a gray beard who owns too many Land Cruisers. :D

If they think I’m cute, that’s cool, but I don’t want to be in the position of having accepted gifts, if you catch my meaning. :worms:

Forgot to mention above that the pig got a new carb. The old one had a hole in the float. Also disabled the electric fuel pump (pulled the fuse) and took out the pressure regulator.

The mechanical pump is still in-place and works great. The pig runs strong with the F in her.

If the F ever isn’t enough.. I’ll build a 1FZ-FE / H151 setup for her.

Wow. Just got it out of that shop, and... that truck is *so* much fun to drive. It didn't run that well when I bought it, but it's solid now.

I'm still smiling.

Pic of the TLC calipers & slotted rotors attached.

Now if the State of Texas will just get their rear in gear about getting a title back to me.

IMG_0143.jpeg

IMG_0142.jpeg

Gotta do something about those power steering lines. Need to find or fabricate alternator and power steering pump brackets to swap the alternator to the power steering pump, then make new lines.

(Drove it home!)

upload_2019-1-26_18-33-7.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom