SOLD 1972 FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

$5500 no engine

$8125.96 w/engine new price for added parts

As of today (3-25-2019) what money I spend on the 40, the price will go up that amount.

1972 FJ40 originally from California. The doors I have had in dry storage since early 80's. Some surface rust but no rusted out places.

Engine, fresh rebuilt 1974 F.5, Crank is .010 on both rods and mains. Bore is 030. Rods were resized. New Toyota cam gear. New Mellings stock replacement cam. Head has all new GM LS valves, springs etc. Head has been surfaced .010. Block has been decked. 020. Engine was run about 30 seconds twice. 3rd time I tried to start it. It was locked up. 2 main bearings were installed wrong. All damage was contained in the rear main journal. No damage to the block. Crank was sent out and polished. New rod and main bearing were installed. Everything else looked new. Engine was run about 30 minutes at 2000 rpm to break the cam in. Fresh Lucas Classic 10w-30 oil and a Baldwin filter was installed after that. Flywheel was resurfaced, new clutch assembly installed. GM 100 amp alternator. Later clutch fan. 79 style valve cover, has screw in oil filler cap.

Stock exhaust system, needs gaskets in it. AFI tbi fuel injection conversion. In tank fuel pump, VSS, 3FE dist and a custom chip.

Front axle 1977 disc brake axle has been rebuilt. New trunion bearings. Marlin crawler inner axle seals. Later stub axles and Aisin lockouts installed.

Rear axle rebuilt, new axle bearings and seals. Has 3.70 gears 1978 4 speed transmission and a November 1973 transfer case, has the more desirable lower ratio.

Have mini truck power steering conversion parts. Needs to be installed. 75-76 roll bar, stock 72 front seat. No jump seats.

New brakes shoes and wheel cylinders on the rear. Front has rebuilt calipers and new pads.

New rebuild kit for the center steering arm. New Alcan springs. They are about 2" lift. New Monroe gas magnum 60 shocks.

New cam soon to be installed.

Last edited:
Absolutely no interest bump. Starting to consider parting it out.

Sorry for the late reply, it's close to Kansas City Missouri.

Closer to parting out but no idea how to ship the large stuff.

New AC-Delco 100 amp alternator

Last edited:
So wait was the price $5500 and then increased to $8,000?

Just curious. Either way I think you should keep it, but I know how frustrating some projects can be.

Hey Rusty, I'm late to the dance. I live on another forum but love these older trucks. You say it runs and drives now? Is it driveable onto a shipping truck?

Yes it can be driven on trailer. Would need to secure the extra parts inside.

I'm trying to figure out how to convince my wife that "we" need another cruiser.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom