Builds 1972 FJ40 FST Restoration (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Added the beautiful OEM door straps and dropped the windshield for todays ride.

View attachment 3099621
View attachment 3099624
Weird though, the hood latches don’t have the proper groove to latch it down. I don’t have another one here to look at but is this the only way they come now?

View attachment 3099623
View attachment 3099622
Yep, updated/superceded style only readily available nowadays. The earlier design with the fiddly l shaped brackets allowed a lot of pivoting possibilities

Man. Totally frustrated today.

I got the 4 position light switch installed.

It works great but only to the rear harness and to the dimmer switch on the floor.

It’s like the entire front harness is just dead. No park, flasher or headlight power.

Lamp Manual.jpg

Last edited:
Does that new switch have any markings on it? RW is coming from the battery (fuse).

@ToyotaMatt is sending me a NOS dimmer switch. I’m pretty sure that may be what’s keeping me from getting low beam power to the front of the truck.
CEFE60FE-73D0-46A2-8230-3E7802E38754.jpeg

Cowboy was not interested

I’ve chased all the leads I have and I think that is my log jam.

I also went as far as laying out the old harness and the Yemen harness and considered starting over but I think that’s a pre mature idea.
02947491-1911-45DD-AEB2-0065F42E2766.jpeg

I have an email out to @Coolerman to see if he can actually draw me a diagram for this harness. It does not quite add up to the one from his site I’m using.

That is until the real work started then Cowboy was all in
CFB26BE8-5A98-4846-B65D-6B8E2D8901A2.jpeg

Got some harmony in the hard fuel lines and I’ve not set the Dakota to talk to the Sniper yet but overall I’m super happy with the way this thing sounds.

Did you ever figure out your fuel line harmony? I have that same god awful squeal. Looks like we are using the same or very similar aluminum dual line separators too.
I had asked a member if they could try 3D printing me some nylon separators; I should check back on that.

Did you ever figure out your fuel line harmony? I have that same god awful squeal. Looks like we are using the same or very similar aluminum dual line separators too.
I had asked a member if they could try 3D printing me some nylon separators; I should check back on that.

Nope. Still there. Not as bad but there. With or without the separators. I even added rubber where anything may touch the engine.

I have 4 2GC setups with dual hard lines.

2 are silent. One I had to remove the return line and replace it with a soft line.

This one I’m not sure yet but it’s not going to Florida making noise.

If I remove all my separators the noise goes away. I’m about there…. It’s pretty awesome when people are looking and asking questions “sweet 40, is that efi” then turn the key to prime and it sounds like a a hummingbird sat on its own nuts.

If I remove all my separators the noise goes away. I’m about there…. It’s pretty awesome when people are looking and asking questions “sweet 40, is that efi” then turn the key to prime and it sounds like a a hummingbird sat on its own nuts.

It’s BAD on the prime but still there a bit when running

Moved on from the front light situation until the NOS foot switch

I was going to use an old single position wiper switch but I decided to dissect out the new style plug and harness with bullets from the old harness. I loomed it up and now we have working wipers and a modern switch
9519832B-2E39-49A2-A5CE-D4812891EFC7.jpeg

2F423EBD-80FA-44D7-BA82-266DFD2AF28F.jpeg

Then I moved to the back. This harness will get you close but I had to add all the side marker and plate lights. Both brake lights work now.

Rear is DONE

3BCC287A-8FF9-44A8-9A6A-58E4CC4D5B02.jpeg

9CF7098E-9926-47E9-9102-00D0CDC1B236.jpeg
9E823076-BD01-4378-9DE5-DB011CDD9989.jpeg

Yesterday I took off a couple and moved the other separators to see if it’d make a difference. I was happy to have no squeal at prime, but started squealing when running at all rpm’s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom