1965 LPB - Been A Long Time Coming

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@red66toy I think Chase has something (maybe).
 
I think this is what I need. For $10, I'm giving it a go!

 
'(°U°)'5c567*(°0^)*ec9t.webp
 
I think this is what I need. For $10, I'm giving it a go!

That is just the plastic bushing that goes inside the rubber bushing.

I think Cruiser Cult is trying to make the rubber bushing/horn contact available.
 
That is just the plastic bushing that goes inside the rubber bushing.

I think Cruiser Cult is trying to make the rubber bushing/horn contact available.
Yeah, I was wondering if that was the case. Oh well, new plastic bushing goes on the shelf. I ordered the other horn bits while I was at it so not all is lost!
 
Was able to make some progress on the 45 over the weekend. I would’ve had it on all fours but I messed up and didn't order the correct rear spring hanger bushings, shackles or pins. @cruiseroutfit to the rescue and parts are inbound. Got all of the front suspension complete and all but one TRE…it’s being very stubborn. I’ll keep a steady PB and heat soak process going.

In the meantime, I was finally able to remove the last column shift bits from the steering column which also allowed for prep of @Cruiser Cult new rubber isolator bushing prototype. All parts are inbound so now just need to get this pesky TRE separated from the rod

CB

IMG_1927.jpeg




IMG_1942.jpeg


IMG_1944.jpeg


IMG_1945.jpeg


IMG_1930.webp
 
Last edited:
Been while. I suck at updating, but the 45 is under the knife. I've decided to do a 3FE swap, disc brakes and power steering conversion. Here's what's been going on since February 2025.

Finished @Cruiser Cult steering column bushing for early 40 series. Perfect fit, high quality goods!

IMG_1972.webp


IMG_1973.webp


IMG_1979.webp
 
After a floor shift conversion and new TRE, off to the exhaust shop. Super happy with the way the 33x10.50 Kenda Klevers came out on the stock steelies. Acorn hub caps for the cherry on top.

IMG_2056.webp


IMG_2059.webp


IMG_2062.webp


IMG_2068.webp


IMG_2081.webp


IMG_2361.webp


IMG_2363.webp
 
Cruisin with the blondes

IMG_2090.webp


IMG_2638.webp
 
Next up was rear diff reseal and new window felts. I'm so happy this was an original AZ truck. Door upper came apart without a fuss.

IMG_3524.webp


IMG_3526.webp


IMG_3527.webp


IMG_3701.webp


IMG_3702.webp
 
That’s a great picture of the 40 through the diff housing. You might consider framing that one.
 
So that brings us to present day. Up until this point, I've been driving the 45 on the weekends, to meet ups/car shows and the occasional run to Home Depot. I used to have a cammed out 1966 Chevy II Nova with a 383 stroker and it would always get compliments and thumbs up from the randos, but nothing compares to the 45. No matter where or when I drive it, someone will always chat me up. Out all the Cruisers I've owned through the years, this is by far and away my favorite. We all have favorites, right? Couple pics of the old girl putting in the work.

AAC1566D-F57C-4CF0-9175-5926BED4F89B.webp


IMG_3561.webp
 
Friend of a friend was selling this 3FE from a 1992 FJ80 with 131k miles on it. I 3FE swapped a 1975 FJ40 and was really happy with the engine with a manual behind it. As soon as I got the 45, I knew I wanted power steering, disc brakes and AC in the future. I bought a 1987 2F with intentions of swapping that in but when this 3FE popped up, I had to jump on it. The seller sent me these pics and it was all over after that. Cross hatching and compression all look good and the engine is really clean. Even has the distributor rubber cover. This engine was pulled for a LS swap

2bf45f34-adbb-4b1d-9070-3de9c404b2c9.webp


3f040bf2-eb28-44e1-9ab1-476b391bfd12.webp


1000011604.webp


1000011605.webp


1000011606.webp


1000011607.webp


1000011618.webp


1000011619.webp


1000011620.webp


1000011621.webp
 
And now the fun begins. F motor out! There was absolutely nothing wrong with it except...it's a tractor, so why not upgrade to full race tractor status!

IMG_4475.webp


IMG_4476.webp


IMG_4477.webp
 
Very nice. Post some pics of the engine bay. I've got power front discs, PS, and a rebuilt 2f in my 45 and the thing runs so smooth down the road. So loud it hurts my ears, but it runs great!
 
Very nice. Post some pics of the engine bay. I've got power front discs, PS, and a rebuilt 2f in my 45 and the thing runs so smooth down the road. So loud it hurts my ears, but it runs great!
What was your PS and disc brake solution?

I'm going to run a FJ60 box with the factory 3FE pump and I sourced a set of axles from a 1978 40
 
Saginaw PS and front axle from a 40 or 55 (I forget) with 60 series outers.
Brake booster?

I was going to run 60 series outers but having an early 40 series has it's own unique challenges like not having inner axle seals.
 
Yes, a 60 booster and MC. Having the adapter to get booster off the firewall rib with the booster and MC didn’t play well with the carb. Hopefully you won’t have that issue with the 3fe intake. I can get you measurements off my 45 if interested so you’ll know distance from the firewall.
 
Back
Top Bottom