Builds 1964 FJ45LV Restoration underway (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looking good! You’ve still got your bottle jack dish too, good for you. Is that an original cowl insulator or repro?

if you look into an AC system later i recommend the nostalgic air unit over vintage air. I’ve had both and the vintage air unit is just way too massive. Takes up too much leg room for your precious passenger.

Well, It looks like it fits pretty well and doesn't block your fuse panel so go with it. All these trucks have their own history.
Agreed! The only challenge was getting it to neck down from a 3" to the 1.25, but was able to piece together a couple things from pegasus racing and wallah.

Looking good! You’ve still got your bottle jack dish too, good for you. Is that an original cowl insulator or repro?

if you look into an AC system later i recommend the nostalgic air unit over vintage air. I’ve had both and the vintage air unit is just way too massive. Takes up too much leg room for your precious passenger.
I think it is the original. I don't know that for sure. But appears to be. I was going to redo it but after a good clean up, decided to keep it. Thanks for the tip on the a/c. I will check them out. First I heard of them so great to have some choices.

You may want to check out the Old Air Hurricane unit. I used it in my LV and it will fit on top of the trans hump and not take up any leg room!
Do you know which model/year unit you used? They of course don't have FJ40 or even Toyota :rofl:

I believe the only difference in all of the Hurricane units is where the hoses exit the unit. I used the side exit to get over to a place on the fire wall that was clear. I went to the extra step to recess the unit into the firewall so that it did not stick out beyond the dash but that is purely personal aesthetics. I got the electronic control panel because it fit nicely where the ash tray was on the dash and I think it looks better than the four knobs. I also put the vents in the dash but you can put them under as well if you done want to cut the dash.

IMG_0404.JPG

Look for the universal units on the website.
Yeah, looks like a better unit for the cruiser than the april air. I like your modifications, thank you for sharing. I complete and mark 2 things off the list, then read the forum and add three more. :)

Little more progress last week and today. Can see I’m spending my nights cleaning parts. I got more time than I’ve had in the last 2 decades so I’m trying to make up for lost time. Hoping to hit exterior this week or next. Then start assembling this beast.

A01A61D9-99DB-4463-A25E-FE8773ECF49C.jpeg

84C8B4BB-3469-4E60-AD16-3B657B32A860.jpeg

AA961869-1CDE-409A-9202-972EFE449599.jpeg

7985AC1D-6898-40AF-BE09-239786305E01.jpeg

I know I’m about to ask a really dumb question. Anyone know where I could chase down or repair the worn piece on this door guide on the latch or whatever it is called. Any help would be very much appreciated.
184486C9-70B2-421D-90BF-1BFF3CBEDE5F.jpeg

I know I’m about to ask a really dumb question. Anyone know where I could chase down or repair the worn piece on this door guide on the latch or whatever it is called. Any help would be very much appreciated. View attachment 2260517
Far as I have found they’re unobtainium unless you find another parts truck. BUT I took a look at the FJ55 hardware and I think it could be made to work with some modification. How major or minor that modification is I’m not sure yet but it’s on my to do list too. Couple of mine do not operate quite right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom