Builds 1964 FJ45LV Restoration underway (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The drivers side is working fine but the passenger side is getting twisted on the seat frame. I mounted the retracters to the angle piece in each corner at the bottom of the pillar. Where I like the seat puts the bottom of the seat frame out over the retracters and the belt does not have a straight lead back in to the spool. View attachment 2066260View attachment 2066261
Thank you for your reply and insight. Good to hear about drivers side working. I'm not sure what a guy could do different on the passenger side to keep from twisting.

Long time no post. sorry about that. Been flat out trying to make progress on restoring this animal. Progress is slow but visible, and we head into sand blasting next week. Huge favor to ask of the forum. Does anyone know where I can chase down the gaskets attached in the images? I know I am unicorn hunting, and I am fully prepared for you to tell me "good luck" but I am too dumb to quit.

IMG_6002.JPG

IMG_6009.JPG

If you're looking for tail light gaskets, look for SloCruiser. He sells these gaskets.....usually on eBay

@scoobiedubes do you have a link or source for the stock rubber you used to make the replacement gaskets? Thanks.

@scoobiedubes do you have a link or source for the stock rubber you used to make the replacement gaskets? Thanks.
We got it from McMaster, 1/8" rubber came in 8x16 sheets.

To be honest, we bought several types since it was cheap and I wanted to feel it first-hand to decide what to use and I was dumb and didn't make note of which one we ended up using. If I had to guess though I bet it was the "High-Strength Multipurpose Neoprene Rubber Sheets"

I know most of you have probably solved this problem already, but if you need hole plugs for the floor the following part # 9309K94 from McMaster-Carr works perfectly.

Man that thing looks really solid! I'm amazed at how good of shape that body is in, you're really lucky. You even have that nice bottle jack dish beneath the seat still! I had to have one made.

Did you settle on a color? And what engine did you end up putting in? Assume you're sticking with the original 3sp for now?

Great progress!

Last edited:
By the way if you're looking for LED headlights I got these from @ToyotaMatt and am very happy with them. I didn't like how "modern" most of the LED headlights out there looked. These look stock, but draw a lot less and are super bright.

Man that thing looks really solid! I'm amazed at how good of shape that body is in, you're really lucky. You even have that nice bottle jack dish beneath the seat still! I had to have one made.

Did you settle on a color? And what engine did you end up putting in? Assume you're sticking with the original 3sp for now?

Great progress!
Thank you. It was all luck. I was 23 when I bought her and I wasn't smart enough to fog a mirror without a cheat sheet. I'm 20 years older, still need the cheat sheet, but glad I bought her when I did.
I'm close on color. Wanted to stick to original Toyota color, but I can't seem to get them mixed to look the way I want. I found a steel blue metallic that I think could work. I also have the Toyota reddish color mixed up. I am spraying large runs on test metal this week to see what they look like in the sun. For the interior, I am sold on the lily white, but keeping the instrument panel, the glove box and the oh s*** handle the industrial grey. I put a 2f in her, kept the original and put it on a crate. I did keep the 3spd for now. I am sucker for it. I imagine the love will wear off at some point. Regarding lights, I think I ordered some LED's for it, but let me check. I will reach out if I need some. Any tips or suggestions for the dome light? I have the original, and would like to stick with it, but imagine I would like more than 1 lumen of light at some point. :)

Thank you. It was all luck. I was 23 when I bought her and I wasn't smart enough to fog a mirror without a cheat sheet. I'm 20 years older, still need the cheat sheet, but glad I bought her when I did.
I'm close on color. Wanted to stick to original Toyota color, but I can't seem to get them mixed to look the way I want. I found a steel blue metallic that I think could work. I also have the Toyota reddish color mixed up. I am spraying large runs on test metal this week to see what they look like in the sun. For the interior, I am sold on the lily white, but keeping the instrument panel, the glove box and the oh s*** handle the industrial grey. I put a 2f in her, kept the original and put it on a crate. I did keep the 3spd for now. I am sucker for it. I imagine the love will wear off at some point. Regarding lights, I think I ordered some LED's for it, but let me check. I will reach out if I need some. Any tips or suggestions for the dome light? I have the original, and would like to stick with it, but imagine I would like more than 1 lumen of light at some point. :)

if you can help me iD the Bulb # , via a toyota part # and or a USA spec,

generic SAE # like #3022 or etc ...

or

ID on this chart , ..

I have Every type of Land Cruiser Dome Light bulb in stock , and are the New

updated MAX LUMEN type .......

or

if a different bulb style then a festoon type , ?

post a photo of a original incandesent sample please ........

you want Lumens you got it .........! :)

1578975334330.png

if you can help me iD the Bulb # , via a toyota part # and or a USA spec,

generic SAE # like #3022 or etc ...

or

ID on this chart , ..

I have Every type of Land Cruiser Dome Light bulb in stock , and are the New

updated MAX LUMEN type .......

or

if a different bulb style then a festoon type , ?

post a photo of a original incandesent sample please ........

you want Lumens you got it .........! :)

View attachment 2182263
AWESOME, I have the bulb and I think it has the # on it. I will look and send it over. Thank you!!

AWESOME, I have the bulb and I think it has the # on it. I will look and send it over. Thank you!!

I doubt that any Oem toyota dome light bulb will have a part # stamped

on it ? not that i have ever seen anyway .....

if OEM original or replacement , it will either be a KOITO OEM parts maker brand

OEM toyota parts maker TOSHIBA , yes you read it correctly , just like the

TV your parents had going up with the tin foil equipped Rabbit ears on top :D

they still install TOSHIBA brand bulbs in japan produced toyota import vehicals

sure ,

Feel free to PM me the photos of the current bulb or Post here , whatever
you like .....

thanks
matt ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom