SOLD 1964 FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Mileage
Color
Blue
1964 FJ40 for sale
1964 FJ40, SBC, with later model top, doors, seats, and rear ambulance doors. Front axle is a later year disc brake style with Warn hubs. 3 speed floor shift and floor transfer shift.
Rusted through drivers' floor w/ temporary aluminum patch, rear sill has rusted spot, but other than that seems like just surface rust under the rest of the body and frame. Old body work evident rear quarters, and a few dents here and there, basically I think it's solid.
Runs well, brakes work, got the lights, wipers, aftermarket heater and aftermarket turn signals all working. Later model roll bar was installed I think.
New aluminum radiator and new gas tank. Gauges are aftermarket. New TRE's, front stabilizer and a front end alignment. Seats need covers.
I found it sitting outside in the Nevada desert years ago, but it's mostly lived in the barn since I brought it home.
Starts, stops, runs good, windows and doors work. No original wiring, no idea how many previous owners, 350 TBI engine was converted to carb with Edlebrock manifold and carb. Engine is tight up against the firewall, they had to cut a hole to allow HEI to stick through. I sealed it with a cake pan, but it's nice cake pan. Tagged and driven occasionally here locally. There's work yet to be done, but I think it's got good bones. Sold 'As is', no guarantees or warranty. I have some other parts that go with it, a rear disc brake kit, spare tire mounts that don't mount to a '64 body without mods, light bar.

Several threads on Mud about it:

and more.
$12,000

fj40.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom