Builds 1963 FJ45LP SWB Fixed Top "Sweet Simplicity" (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey Michael just a little rain so far. Maybe next week.

... I‘m not a fan of hauling dogs, esp. anxious bird hunting dogs, in the open bed of a truck.....
´a_a´°U°i4°b°9n- n_a9. an2^5^7abc.jpg

So the dead aftermarket coil (on right) from a forklift supplier has a primary resistance of 1.8-2.1 ohms and a completely open secondary. Its aftermarket replacement from city racer (on left) has a primary resistance of 3.3-4.0 ohms and a secondary resistance of 6.88k-6.91k ohms, so that should work (see below from F-Engine Repair Manual). It gets installed tomorrow. Included bracket is too narrow for the mounts on the 1F head but the original bracket will be used instead so no biggie.
IMG_4643.JPG

IMG_4651.jpg

Last edited:
Coil works and rig is back running :bounce: but my Speedhut tach is tango uniform:bang:. Should still be warranted.

Animal-feeding change of pace 😂
IMG_3205.jpeg

I was told they were.

Oops, cow elk.

Believe it or not, these are wild elk.

Found an oil pressure switch that opens at 4psi which is low enough for the idiot light to stay off until the engine rpm drops below idle. So now I’m back to just the idiot light warning which is a much cleaner install and essentially original functionally, although it required a NPT to BSPT adapter.
IMG_4680.jpg

Poached deer tech update 😂

Yotes got to the deer skull before I did, so the impromptu wild kingdom exhibit in the shop reflects that.
IMG_4698.jpeg

Last edited:
Nope, other than someone’s gunshot.

On edit: apparently I never posted the poaching incident in this thread. So here’s the rest of the story 😂
We had a buck poached on our property a month ago 😡. That‘s my rig on the road below it. The people in the house in the distance heard a shot around 9:30pm and saw a vehicle stopped where my rig is. Nothing removed from the animal. Clear bullet wound in lethal zone. Road shot most likely. Fish and Game are investigating. I’m locked and loaded.
View attachment 3484240

Found an oil pressure switch that opens at 4psi which is low enough for the idiot light to stay off until the engine rpm drops below idle. So now I’m back to just the idiot light warning which is a much cleaner install and essentially original functionally, although it required a NPT to BSPT adapter.
View attachment 3558170

Paul could you please share the brand/part number you used?

Spring work starting. Blew out concrete tank in pic and sprayed the emerging abundant crop of thistles. Green hills.
IMG_4700.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom