1962 fj40 wiper questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looked at a lot of posts did not see the answer I need. Some of you may know, I bought this 1962 of ebay taken apart, the guy had bought 3 or 4 other landcruisers from the 60's and kept various parts from them that came with it. So I have piles of parts with no clue what year they are from.

I have 1962 fj40 with the vent below the windshield.

I have at least 4 motors, the ones I see have 3 posts on them, will dig the rest out later. Are they the correct ones. One pair is still attached to the wiring harness. Any info on what each wire is for, looks cut where they would have connected to the switch. Not sure if these are 62 or later, but if I can get them to work I am good. Grounding them and putting + to one post makes them rotate, no clue what the other two wires do.

How long is the wiper arms for this style. I need to dig mine out, but I know I also got non landcruiser parts in my mix. Are there any after market ones that will work. I do not need 100% stock.

How long should the wiper blades be.

"The answer," as if you only asked one question? Lol. I count five questions above, despite your use of zero question marks.

I used a single word in the search bar and found threads answering each of your many questions in 5 seconds. Which means you could have answered all of your own questions in less time than it took you to type up the questions---with one word in the search bar.

But that would be much less fun!

Thanks for correcting my grammar and answering my questions. "
1962 fj40 wiper questions" see the S on the end, that makes it plural, meaning more then ONE.

Maybe I will ask on the fj40 section, as I did search and did not find it. Maybe that group will be more helpful.

What search word or phrase did you put in the search bar?

I simply typed "wipers," then checked the box "Search titles only," and boom, out popped the answers---all of them.

Which seems like a lot less work than dealing with an asshat like me!

I see the blade should be 10 or 11 inches, so I thought I would ask. I did not see ANY posts for how long the arm should be. 1000's of posts come up with wiper. No I did not go through all of them. I also did not see on about the wiring specific to 1962 with wire colors. Probably there, maybe its the same as later 60's that I can find, but would be nice to have it confirmed Tons of them about the motor, cleaning the repairing them, where to get them.

If no one is allowed to ask questions already asked, might as well shut this sites down, because everything has been asked. So since you found all the answer, how about at least letting me know how long the wiper arm should be. I still have found no reference to how long it should be to know if I have some of the right size. I hope someone can answer me and not tell me to read all thousands of posts that come up when I search for wiper. If there is a more modern arm and wiper blade that will fit, would still love to know those options.

IMG_5948.JPG
Here you go, two different types, one is 9 inches, the other 10". They are hard to find and have had these for years.

I thought the arms are also still available. IIRC i have a new set of new OEM arms i ordered at Toyota not too long ago. Didn't fit them on the motors yet, all is put away for later use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom