Events/Trails 10th Annual 100s in the Hills! *Silverton, Colorado July 22 - 27 2020* (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@paflytyer and @bluecruiser you guys wouldn’t happen to still have any HIH8 stickers left would you? :cry:

249EE523-9290-4B67-AA09-ACE0D332B37F.jpeg

Last edited:
Has there been any more word about a donation to the town? I know a bunch of us will be there outside the event, but they may need more support than just that.

Has there been any more word about a donation to the town? I know a bunch of us will be there outside the event, but they may need more support than just that.

Silverton is struggling. Gift Card Purchases, E-commerce purchases from wherever you are, and doing some of your holiday shopping in town when visiting this year will go a long way. A few businesses aren't reopening; however the attitude was optimistic for this season. We heard concerns about covid cases in town spiking and the counties closing again, but it seems like something they are going to manage.

Trails are open on time, road-travel is way up, and campsites were busy. We hope for these communities that its happening quick enough and lasts through the summer.

This is awesome and we are so thankful that our group recognizes a need and is so willing to step out and help. We're coordinating with Lisa (our town/county rep), DeAnne (Silverton Chamber of Commerce) and Shane (Silverton mayor and Wyman owner) on what we can do to Support Silverton during this difficult time. With only four weeks until a large portion of this group will roll through Silverton, time is our largest hurdle. Simply going into Silverton and spending time/money is the best option. We're working on a list of businesses in town that are year-round residents and looking to identify that biggest and most immediate need. We don't want to see any business in town have to close their doors, but the sad reality is that many do not have a choice. DeAnne has already closed the Chocolate Dog with the hope that she can reopen next spring.

If you're planning to be out this way at all this summer, please stop in to a few Silverton stores. Silverton is a tiny town but has everything you'd need for a road trip. Fuel, hardware store, coffee shops, restaurants, funnel cakes, specialty stores, liquor store, local gifts and outdoor supplies. PLEASE tell them you're with HIH and are looking forward to being back next year for the actual event. Wear your HIH gear proudly. Silverton knows who we are.

Don't be misled by what you might read on Facebook. Silverton is not closed and Sheriff Conrad is not going to arrest you for being in town.

We'll have more info as soon as we get it from town.

In the end, this is why HIH has been so successful. We've had folks get upset because they couldn't get a ticket or Chris and I are sometimes bashed as being "too exclusive" because we don't open HIH to 300 vehicles, or we won't allow your buddy with a 4Runner to register, or a myriad of other reasons. The true HIH folks (first timers or ten-timers) know what it's all about. They see the same vision. We're not FJ Summit or Overland Expo. We're not selling raffle tickets to make money, we're not adding costs to fill our pockets or get ourselves free stuff. Here comes some transparency for you.... we ran out of money during the refunds for this year. With the cost of the website and our annual fees, the HIH bank account was completely tapped. Ben (@fireball) was our last refund (he's a HIH OG from back in the day), we held off his refund for a day while Chris and I came up with the money to refund his registration. The value in HIH is with the people that attend. It's self-sustaining. Friendships are formed, businesses are connected, and folks are better for the experience. That's the end game. HIH folks support and take care of their own and we're not at all surprised to be getting emails asking how you can help. We'll figure it out.

Last edited:
Hello Cruiser Heads! Just checking in on the Tshirt and sticker pre-orders. We've got the stickers done and ready to go. We shipped some out today. We are scheduled to print the shirts on the 26th once all the blank shirts arrive. Some of you may have gotten an email today that your Tshirt order has shipped. Please note this just means I purchased the shipping label today. I expect to start shipping the shirts out on the 29th.

Thanks for all your support for both HIH and Cruiser Gear!

CruiserGear.co

We're not selling raffle tickets to make money, we're not adding costs to fill our pockets or get ourselves free stuff. Here comes some transparency for you.... we ran out of money during the refunds for this year. With the cost of the website and our annual fees, the HIH bank account was completely tapped. Ben (@fireball) was our last refund (he's a HIH OG from back in the day), we held off his refund for a day while Chris and I came up with the money to refund his registration.

I would think HIH should be getting some donations even before the town. Even a not for profit should have some working capital.

I would think HIH should be getting some donations even before the town. Even a not for profit should have some working capital.
Thanks. @paflytyer and I will keep it moving. No need for donations. In a normal year, I'm comfortable with how we end up. As you all know, this is a part time gig for us, so we are always getting a little better at cost management, etc. This event is a special one, as long as we have that going for us, we are good to go. Appreciate your thoughts though.

Joy’s shirt came today. I’m REALLY liking this design. It’s a grand slam!!! :)

5B7AF709-6180-44CB-BC4C-58A9A60C8645.jpeg

Silverton is struggling. Gift Card Purchases, E-commerce purchases from wherever you are, and doing some of your holiday shopping in town when visiting this year will go a long way. A few businesses aren't reopening; however the attitude was optimistic for this season. We heard concerns about covid cases in town spiking and the counties closing again, but it seems like something they are going to manage.

Trails are open on time, road-travel is way up, and campsites were busy. We hope for these communities that its happening quick enough and lasts through the summer.

Chris and I spoke (via email) with Lisa, DeAnne and Shane today. Silverton is actually not struggling right now. They're doing ok. Lots of Texans in the area on side-by-sides and quads. Silverton in one of the few towns in the area that allows OHV's on the street so that's a huge draw for OHV users. Tons of RV and campers in the area too.

The best way we can help is to patronize the businesses as much as possible. This is coming directly from town. Inga (Coffee Bear) has been busy and will be ready for HIH 2020 VirtuALL attendees to stop in. Depending on your timing, there may be some special HIH cookies to go along with the best coffee around. Stop in and see her and make sure you let her know that you're with HIH.

Chris and I spoke (via email) with Lisa, DeAnne and Shane today. Silverton is actually not struggling right now. They're doing ok. Lots of Texans in the area on side-by-sides and quads. Silverton in one of the few towns in the area that allows OHV's on the street so that's a huge draw for OHV users. Tons of RV and campers in the area too.

The best way we can help is to patronize the businesses as much as possible. This is coming directly from town. Inga (Coffee Bear) has been busy and will be ready for HIH 2020 VirtuALL attendees to stop in. Depending on your timing, there may be some special HIH cookies to go along with the best coffee around. Stop in and see her and make sure you let her know that you're with HIH.

That's very good to hear, my information on Silverton is a couple weeks old.

We saw the crowds in lake city, ohvs in town there as well. Was bustling. No kidding about the Texans being in Colorado en masse.

Glad to hear about the town doing well enough and understanding how we can make an impact. Excited to get out there for the VirtuALL.

Received my stickers yesterday. Wife's first comment is "looks like the @paflytyer truck is pooping"

IMG_9943.JPG

That's very good to hear, my information on Silverton is a couple weeks old.

We saw the crowds in lake city, ohvs in town there as well. Was bustling. No kidding about the Texans being in Colorado en masse.

Texans are still better than being infiltrated by californians :grinpimp:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom