Storage Solutions (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Romer

fatherofdaughterofromer
Threads
Like the other threads, lets keep the chat to a minimum!

Post up your storage solutions. This includes drawer set-ups, 2nd battery trays as tool boxes, anything that provides a storage solution in an 80 series.

If you have a detailed link, provide a few pictures with a quick description and the link to your details.

If you don't have a detailed link, make sure you provide enough info that someone could copy your solution.

Thanks,

reffug and Romer

EDIT: I found a lot of these items in the following thread started by lx450landcruiser a year ago. I linked the specific posts with a teaser shot here. I also found other threads that I linked to

Last edited:
Currently, I carry a Pelican 650 case with tools and gear in it. I like this solution better than drawers because I still have room for a full size cooler next to it, and I can take the case and cooler out to sleep in the truck if I need to. It is easy to strap down, water tight and holds lots of stuff.

Josh83 said:
Currently, I carry a Pelican 650 case with tools and gear in it. I like this solution better than drawers because I still have room for a full size cooler next to it, and I can take the case and cooler out to sleep in the truck if I need to. It is easy to strap down, water tight and holds lots of stuff.

Is this the case you use?

http://tinypic.com/view/?pic=raaicw

Last edited:
I should have said a 1650 case, not a 650. If you look around you can find one without any foam in to for under $200, just google Pelican 1650. Here is a link that shows all the different models: http://www.pelican-cases.com/cases.html

I will try to remember to get a pic of it in the back of the 80 tomorrow to give an idea of size.

Here is the setup Hayes posted last week. His thread can be be found here

The%20box.jpg

Last edited:
Here is a solution that Houston FZJ80 posted in his ROTW thread that you can find here

2ndbatterytraywithtoolbag.jpg

Here is a solution that Derek Lee has posted on his site. You can find the link here

f73da464.jpg

From a Post from rockclmbr

Here is my set-up which has saved me hours of loading/unpacking during trips! I'll give credit to Jim Brantley for the base design. I made a few minor additions that I thought was needed:

1) Fold-up flaps to make the entire platform flat ( this is a must if you have a dog in the back)
2) Cotter Pin setup (not shown) to index the drawer and keep it open when on a slanted hill. This also keeps the drawer from rolling out too far or closing.
3) Hand holds to open and close drawer without pinching fingers :eek:

Things I wish I added:

- top hatch for getting to gear that is inacessible when the back is stuck up against a tree or rock!

attachment.php

Last edited:
Cruiserdrews setup can be found here with additional detail here

attachment.php

Here is a Teaser shot of NorcalDougs system that can be found in this thread

attachment.php

Spressomon's African Outback setup that can be found in the same thread as Norcaldougs, but specifically here

attachment.php

Maddbaggins low cost storage solution that can be found here

attachment.php

Here is my drawer system. Constructed of 3/4" no-void plywood covered in rubber-backed carpet. Drawer slides are heavy duty full-extension units. More details in my ROTW (link on the signature line).
DSCN7267.JPG
DSCN7263.JPG
DSCN6272.jpg

Cargo Drawers

Drawers taken from Jim Brantley Prismojim

3/4" Baltic Birch plywood - heavy
durable waterproof finish
construction blind dado and glue no screws
all wood cut by CNC router no cuts made by human hands
Accuride 36" slides 300 lb capacity each side
window cam latches
rubber truck bed mat cut to fit each drawer